Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy and Jeffress to the Rangers for CF Lewis Brinson, RHP Luis Ortiz, PTBNL…(Lucroy comments, post 523; PTBNL is Ryan Cordell, post 581)

And That
  • Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case anyone else was like me & hadn't checked in on how Luc was doing for the Rangers...

.293/.364/.596/.960, with 9 HRs in 30 games! - (he had 13 HRs in 95 games with the Crew this season) - Awesome to see him doing so well, & part of the best record in the AL!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

In case anyone else was like me & hadn't checked in on how Luc was doing for the Rangers...

.293/.364/.596/.960, with 9 HRs in 30 games! - (he had 13 HRs in 95 games with the Crew this season) - Awesome to see him doing so well, & part of the best record in the AL!

Yeah, he's been really good.

My nephew lives in Arlington and he can't stop raving about how great Luc has been. In pretty much every way.

Jeffress on the other hand....

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

My nephew lives in Arlington and he can't stop raving about how great Luc has been. In pretty much every way.

My guess is Rangers fans are probably mildly disappointed in the Jeffress aspect of the deal, but probably get over it pretty quickly, given that Luc has been absolutely raking since he's been on the Rangers.

Not really part of the Luc/Jeffress deal, but Gomez has been alright as well (.788 OPS) since being picked up by the Rangers as well. Only hitting .222, but he's hitting with some power and playing every day.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

My guess is Rangers fans are probably mildly disappointed in the Jeffress aspect of the deal, but probably get over it pretty quickly, given that Luc has been absolutely raking since he's been on the Rangers.

Not really part of the Luc/Jeffress deal, but Gomez has been alright as well (.788 OPS) since being picked up by the Rangers as well. Only hitting .222, but he's hitting with some power and playing every day.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the team lock up Luc to an extension as well. He's doing great, he fills a need, it's a good hitting environment, the team is good (and should be for a while), he's close to his Louisiana home, and the AL has the DH so Luc get slide in there every now and then to keep the wear and tear off his knees. I also think he's the kind of guy that really would like to get a deal done and not worry about the rumors and speculation of a contract year.

It's really a pretty sweet landing spot for Luc.

Archived