Brewer Fanatic

The REALLY New Lucroy Trade Thread

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right, of course I agree. However, in the offseason there is time for the trading team to work out his contract extension before the trade is official. That's not the case now. More teams can get involved in the offseason too and would give him the spring to learn the pitchers. What I'm saying is his value seems much lower than we expect already, so can it really get much lower at this point? and if so, then maybe he's just worth more in keeping than in trading if no one will pay up. I still fully expect something to happen though

It is really hard to trade a player in the last year of their contract. For a player of his quality you likely have to find a team willing to sign him long term. It isn't impossible but he loses a ton of value if he isn't traded today.

Given what some of the RP rentals have brought back, and a nice haul for Oakland in the Reddick/Rich Hill deal, I just don't think this is true. In fact, it seems the problem in the Cleveland deal was that he was still under contract for next year, but they wouldn't commit to him as their FT catcher.

om‏ @Haudricourt

Sure seems like Rangers or bust unless truly is mystery team.

There are other teams. It's just that not every team is like the Rangers and Mets and leak out every last thought on their minds. Look at the Smith deal with SF, we didn't hear a word about it until it was done. Does look like it will be Texas though.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Toby Harrah

Juan Gonzalez

Nolan Ryan

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Gallo is centerpiece per PAssan
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Toby Harrah

Juan Gonzalez

Nolan Ryan

Rusty Greer

Yes, always Rusty Greer

Archived