Brewer Fanatic

The REALLY New Lucroy Trade Thread

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman 17s17 seconds ago Jersey City, NJ

brewers havent seemed that interested in d'arnaud or wheeler in lucroy talks. 35 minutes to go.

Shocking. That is because Stearns is smart

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a dentist appointment at 2:50. How freaking horrible is that?

Not only will I miss any news, but if something happens, I will have 100 pages to read through when I get home.

UGH!

Maybe they will be running behind.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Looks like a Gallo deal makes more sense since they picked up Beltran.

One for one w Luc wouldn't be great. If they want us to include JJ, they had better empty the farm after seeing the Smith heist.

Anybody else got butterflies?

My assistant just came in to check to see if I was done with something. LOL.

I just put a note on my door informing my staff that I'm unavailable until 3:00.

Love it!!!

Mets trying to get back in on Lucroy now? Give us Conforto

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

If you're getting almost as much for relievers than you are for the #2 catcher in the world, then maybe just trade all three relievers and worrying about Lucroy in the offseason isn't the worst move? Maybe even just give him a reasonable extension if no one will give what he's worth.

It is really hard to trade a player in the last year of their contract. For a player of his quality you likely have to find a team willing to sign him long term. It isn't impossible but he loses a ton of value if he isn't traded today.

If you're getting almost as much for relievers than you are for the #2 catcher in the world, then maybe just trade all three relievers and worrying about Lucroy in the offseason isn't the worst move? Maybe even just give him a reasonable extension if no one will give what he's worth.

I really hope they are working the Jeffress and Thornburg moves at least as much as Luc.

Archived