Brewer Fanatic

The REALLY New Lucroy Trade Thread

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luc & Guerra makes most sense to me if Rays price is as high as it seems on their SPs. Guerra has been a beast this year & should add great value to trade. Take Gallo, Mendez, Tarvas, & wild card like Pedro Payano..... Deal

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

I get the worries on gallo but what if the brewers scouts think that they can cut down his ks? It isnt like the brewers havent scouted

Then they need to get new scouts. Acquiring anyone because you think your coaches are smarter than another team's is a mistake that's fairly common.

Don't see myself on the Gallo bandwagon either. I'm generally not one to get alarmed over K-rates, but when I see numbers nearing 40% for most of his larger MiLB stops, that's concerning to me. Carter has the highest K-rate over the past 100 years of all players with >2000 PA's, and he's sitting at 33.4%, and was around 25% in the minors.

I'd be curious if anybody has a reason this shouldn't be a red flag (is there some reason we project him to improve here?). It's just tough to be productive when 40% of your PA's end in strikeouts.

Ugh. Gallo is the nightmare centerpiece for me. Not because I don't think he can be great, because I do. He's just such a boom-or-bust guy. Scares the heck out of me.

I think a boom or bust guy is a good fit in our system right now. We have a ton of players in our system with a 'good player' ceiling, not really any 'star player' ceiling.

Anyway, I think Gallo at worst is another Branyan, which has value.

That's true. I was just really hoping for at least one major league lock in any Lucroy deal, and preferably a pitcher. I trust Stearns 100% though.

Anybody else got butterflies?

My assistant just came in to check to see if I was done with something. LOL.

I just put a note on my door informing my staff that I'm unavailable until 3:00.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Would the Rangers have any interest in Jimmy Nelson? I'd rather throw him in than Guerra. I've always thought he was overrated as a prospect. Don't think he's much more than a back end starter. Rangers could really use another SP.

I just put a note on my door informing my staff that I'm unavailable until 3:00.

You might want to change it to 3:15. In case a cool down or celebration period is needed.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Anybody else got butterflies?

My assistant just came in to check to see if I was done with something. LOL.

Add me to the list. Conf Call with corporate at 2:30??? No thank you.

I have a dentist appointment at 2:50. How freaking horrible is that?

Not only will I miss any news, but if something happens, I will have 100 pages to read through when I get home.

UGH!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman 17s17 seconds ago Jersey City, NJ

brewers havent seemed that interested in d'arnaud or wheeler in lucroy talks. 35 minutes to go.

Good cuz we don't need TdA anymore.

Archived