Brewer Fanatic

The REALLY New Lucroy Trade Thread

I can't believe how quiet it is right now. I really wonder if they will just not make any trades. Crazy.

It is kind of eerie.

I would have thought Smith and Lucroy were automatics for being gone by now.

I'm not upset in the least that Jeffress is still here, but I really wanted to see what Luc and Smith would bring.

I love this, and I hate it...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting the feeling we'll end up with no trade. I know it's not the end of the world if so, but I would be very disappointed. As a Brewers fan this is the height of the season most years...so it would be disappointing to not gain a little hope for the future today to get me through the rest of a hopeless season.

Would be happy to be wrong.

EDIT: And just like that, Smith is traded, HA! Here's hoping more to follow!

I am not Shea Vucinich

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Weren't there trades last year that went down but weren't announced until after the deadline? Maybe i'm mis remembering that.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Id much rather have Herrera than smith but if thats the deal plus Arnaud it's underwhelming but expected

I am REALLY hoping our deal is not with the Mets.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Weren't there trades last year that went down but weren't announced until after the deadline? Maybe i'm mis remembering that.

You're right. As long as they're in the Commisioner's office by the deadline they can be made. Therefore no one may get wind of them for some time after.

You're right. As long as they're in the Commisioner's office by the deadline they can be made. Therefore no one may get wind of them for some time after.

Yup every year there is usually a few minor trades that come out 10-30minutes later.

Getting the feeling we'll end up with no trade. I know it's not the end of the world if so, but I would be very disappointed. As a Brewers fan this is the height of the season most years...so it would be disappointing to not gain a little hope for the future today to get me through the rest of a hopeless season.

Please bring back Shaw or Beede!

How about Bickford. You know, the Giants 2015 first round pick.

Id much rather have Herrera than smith but if thats the deal plus Arnaud it's underwhelming but expected

I am REALLY hoping our deal is not with the Mets.

Yeah the Mets keep popping in there. Makes me think the Brewers at least like some of their players enough.

I think Herrera is being underrated a bit. If it was one of the Mets top 3, Herrera and a 20-30 organizational prospect I think that would be fair.

He should just set a HIGH price (and no middle infielders for crying out loud) on Luc and focus on JJ and Thorny.

After seeing what a hurting Smith brought back, we should be emptying our bullpen in the next 1:21.

This is why Stearns doesn't want to package Heffress or any pitcher with Lucroy without a hefty addition. Relievers are worth a ton this year.

THAT is why we didn't package everyone to CLE, and THAT is why Stearns didn't insist on pitching in that deal.

Wait until the whole thing is done, then count up what was gained and lost.

How about Bickford. You know, the Giants 2015 first round pick.

Even fricken better!! Can not believe we got the Giants #1 prospect for Will! And Luc's replacement.

Archived