Brewer Fanatic

The REALLY New Lucroy Trade Thread

I am getting the impression the Brewers-Rangers have a deal in place IF the Rangers cannot find a SP (Sale, Archer, Moore, etc...). Furthermore, I believe the Brewers-?? have a deal in place in the event the Rangers are able to acquire that SP. I am guessing some of the same players (Gallo) are being used as the trade bait for those SP and that is the priority at this point.

If it's the Rangers, this will go until 11:59.

Trade deadline is 3pm CST. So 2 hours from now.

Gruber Lawffices

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't imagine the Brewers re-engaging with the Mets unless they've thrown Smith into the mix who would seem to me a much better fit than Herrera or even Rosario. Not that I wouldn't want Rosario most of all but Mets would have be nuts not to offer Smith before him.

I would want Rosario as Stearns seems hell bent on picking up middle infielders, we might as well get a good one. The Mets dont seem to want to give him up though.

I can't imagine the Brewers re-engaging with the Mets unless they've thrown Smith into the mix who would seem to me a much better fit than Herrera or even Rosario. Not that I wouldn't want Rosario most of all but Mets would have be nuts not to offer Smith before him.

I would want Rosario as Stearns seems hell bent on picking up middle infielders, we might as well get a good one. The Mets dont seem to want to give him up though.

For me it's 1. Rosario 2. Herrera 3. Smith

Scouts must know more than I do, but a short 1B (Smith) that hasn't hit for a ton of power yet is not something I am incredibly excited about. I'm not ecstatic about Herrera, but I think he's not getting credit that he should on here. He'll be a good player.

Peter Gammons just said the Indians organization considered Mejia to be their best prospect. Just found that interesting considering how down on the trade many were.

I just can't believe you would want a guy with people skills problems as a catcher for your team

Peter Gammons just said the Indians organization considered Mejia to be their best prospect. Just found that interesting considering how down on the trade many were.

Which is why I find it hilarious when many posters blindly demand one of Zimmer/Frazier and are upset at the return when none of them were included in the previous Indians package.

I just can't believe you would want a guy with people skills problems as a catcher for your team

I don't know. Yadi Molina has had a nice career, and he seems like a thin-skinned jerk.

Gruber Lawffices

For me it's 1. Rosario 2. Herrera 3. Smith

Scouts must know more than I do, but a short 1B (Smith) that hasn't hit for a ton of power yet is not something I am incredibly excited about. I'm not ecstatic about Herrera, but I think he's not getting credit that he should on here. He'll be a good player.

I dont get the love for Smith either. He must be an incredible glove man because his power is non existent for a 1B.

Herrera has put up good stats in AAA but thats Las Vegas. The Mets do seem to like him, but he played in the Majors in 2014 and 2015, yet not yet in 2016????

Oh god... Mets, Reds trade is about to fall through.

Just please hang up on Alderson when he calls.

It's apparently based on one of the minor leaguers. I would think that the Reds may just ask for a different one...unless he's that important?

Good point... Was just reported the deal might be off soon.

I dont get the love for Smith either. He must be an incredible glove man because his power is non existent for a 1B.

Herrera has put up good stats in AAA but thats Las Vegas. The Mets do seem to like him, but he played in the Majors in 2014 and 2015, yet not yet in 2016????

He's only 22. Might not have been ready the last 2 times. Ditto on his stats being only OK in Vegas. Only 22 so maybe he's plateaued or maybe it's just a bump in the rise up.

Im reading they wanted to get rid of him, and posted one link in this thread. I think they are leaking this Gammons as a PR move.

Jayson Starks tweeted that teams are saying the price for Lucroy hasn't dropped on the last day - so that's good

I hope I'm wrong but I won't be surprised if Luc is still a Brewer after the deadline.

The silence around Lucroy is a little stunning at this point. Hopefully it's a big deal and they are just sorting through everyone's medicals.

Someone needs to nudge that first domino I think

Oh god... Mets, Reds trade is about to fall through.

Just please hang up on Alderson when he calls.

It's apparently based on one of the minor leaguers. I would think that the Reds may just ask for a different one...unless he's that important?

Good point... Was just reported the deal might be off soon.

If the issue is with one of the lower level ones, probably not a problem. If it's Nimmo, probably enough to kill the deal.

I can't believe how quiet it is right now. I really wonder if they will just not make any trades. Crazy.

We will. The reliever market is too nuts for us to not take advantage.

Id suspect we move Luc too. Gomez 2.0

Archived