Brewer Fanatic

The REALLY New Lucroy Trade Thread

Luc for TdA and Herrara?????

Good Lord!

Just saw this and I couldn't help but think of you and what you just said.

@BrewCrewBlue

If you think the only names we've heard for the Lucroy trades are the only ones involved, you don't know how trades work.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indians can't be serious in their catching situation, can they? I could see them doing something to get Luc again but I can't wrap my mind around what. Wonder if a money bonus would do it for that second year.

If I'm the Indians I tell the Brewers I will give them the same package of prospects plus a choice of 1 of 3 mid level guys to add in Thornburg to the deal. Make Lucroy's option a player option. That way when Lucroy denies the option the Indians could then QO him which he would deny. Pick up a first round pick in the 2017 draft.

Eww? What? No! We aren't adding more to please the Indians.

That would be idiotic of the Brewers.

Indians can't be serious in their catching situation, can they? I could see them doing something to get Luc again but I can't wrap my mind around what. Wonder if a money bonus would do it for that second year.

If I'm the Indians I tell the Brewers I will give them the same package of prospects plus a choice of 1 of 3 mid level guys to add in Thornburg to the deal. Make Lucroy's option a player option. That way when Lucroy denies the option the Indians could then QO him which he would deny. Pick up a first round pick in the 2017 draft.

Can't do it anyway, need to be with the team for an entire season to pick up a comp pick.

Good Lord!

@BrewCrewBlue

If you think the only names we've heard for the Lucroy trades are the only ones involved, you don't know how trades work.

Fine, none of us are on the phone with the FO, but Stearns is trolling us if get a broken catcher and another meh middle infielder for the 2nd best catcher in the game.

It seems the market for Lucroy is rather small and the prospects the Indians were going to give up is probably the best you could do. Adding in one of Kaminsky/Hillman/Mathias/Kreiger/Plutko and Brewers adding in Thornburg evens out Lucroy essentially being a rental.

It seems the market for Lucroy is rather small and the prospects the Indians were going to give up is probably the best you could do. Adding in one of Kaminsky/Hillman/Mathias/Kreiger/Plutko and Brewers adding in Thornburg evens out Lucroy essentially being a rental.

Nice try, but that isn't happening.

How does this address the reason Lucroy vetoed?

So can teams still talk after 4 PM ET deadline? Or do trades need to be submitted by then?

Non-waiver trade must be submitted by the deadline for sure, and it's possible they need to be approved by the league office by then. Lucroy not a candidate for a waiver trade, as his inexpensive contract makes somebody claiming him very likely.

With this deal the option is becoming a player option so Lucroy is a rental.

So can teams still talk after 4 PM ET deadline? Or do trades need to be submitted by then?

Need to be submitted to commish office.

Got it, thanks!

Ok, Stearns you have 2 hours to deal Luc!

I think he is assuming we agree to decline the 2017 team option to appease Lucroy so he will approve a trade.

That would make Lucory a 3 month rental, so we would have to add Thornburg because the Indians will be getting one year less of Lucroy.

Non-waiver trade must be submitted by the deadline for sure, and it's possible they need to be approved by the league office by then. Lucroy not a candidate for a waiver trade, as his inexpensive contract makes somebody claiming him very likely.

They don't need to be approved on the dot, but the final draft needs to be in commish office hands.

I wonder if Texas is stalling while they see if they can still swing a big deal for starting picking from the Rays, with Lucroy being their backup option.

Yes that was actually rumored 5-10mins ago.

TR Sullivan

TR Sullivan‏ @Sullivan_Ranger

Everything points to the Rangers still engaged with the Brewers on Lucroy but still hoping Rays will be reasonable on starting pitching

Aug 1, 2016, 12:39 PM

Can't do it anyway, need to be with the team for an entire season to pick up a comp pick.

If that's the case then nevermind.

I am getting the impression the Brewers-Rangers have a deal in place IF the Rangers cannot find a SP (Sale, Archer, Moore, etc...). Furthermore, I believe the Brewers-?? have a deal in place in the event the Rangers are able to acquire that SP. I am guessing some of the same players (Gallo) are being used as the trade bait for those SP and that is the priority at this point.

If it's the Rangers, this will go until 11:59.

Good Lord!

@BrewCrewBlue

Fine, none of us are on the phone with the FO, but Stearns is trolling us if get a broken catcher and another meh middle infielder for the 2nd best catcher in the game.

How is Stearns trolling anybody? There was a report that TDA and Herrera would have to be a part of a Lucroy deal. That's not a statement from Stearns and nowhere did it say that was the whole package. What is with your dislike of Stearns anyway, so much that you keep preemptively blaming him for bad deals that he has not made?

I can't imagine the Brewers re-engaging with the Mets unless they've thrown Smith into the mix who would seem to me a much better fit than Herrera or even Rosario. Not that I wouldn't want Rosario most of all but Mets would have be nuts not to offer Smith before him.

I am getting the impression the Brewers-Rangers have a deal in place IF the Rangers cannot find a SP (Sale, Archer, Moore, etc...). Furthermore, I believe the Brewers-?? have a deal in place in the event the Rangers are able to acquire that SP. I am guessing some of the same players (Gallo) are being used as the trade bait for those SP and that is the priority at this point.

If it's the Rangers, this will go until 11:59.

This makes total sense... Can't wait to see how the next 2 hours unfold.

I know things have been bizarre again this deadline for the Brewers, but it really is amazing to me that they haven't made one trade yet. Feels like a blockbuster with the Rangers or possibly nothing at all.

Archived