Brewer Fanatic

The REALLY New Lucroy Trade Thread

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really hoping the Rockies jump in here on Lucroy and just deal him in the offseason to offset prospects they might lose (in addition to Cargo) for a Lucroy trade.

On Gallo and his numbers...he also has a WC+ of 142 at AAA, pretty dang impressive. I'm not a huge fan of his, but he would be the prototypical 1B big bat LH player that could be the centerpiece of a future playoff contender. He maybe never hits .300 or even .280, but .250 with 30 HR a year is nothing to look down upon.

I'm really hoping the Rockies jump in here on Lucroy and just deal him in the offseason to offset prospects they might lose (in addition to Cargo) for a Lucroy trade.

On Gallo and his numbers...he also has a WC+ of 142 at AAA, pretty dang impressive. I'm not a huge fan of his, but he would be the prototypical 1B big bat LH player that could be the centerpiece of a future playoff contender. He maybe never hits .300 or even .280, but .250 with 30 HR a year is nothing to look down upon.

I have always been an OPS (and more advanced hitting statistics) supporter over things like batting average, but everything that I see tells me that Gallo may be more like a .210 hitter with a .280 OBP. That scares me.

Of course, if he does get dealt to Milwaukee, I'll hold out hope it is because they see something with him that they can fix to get him to .260/.340.

Indians can't be serious in their catching situation, can they? I could see them doing something to get Luc again but I can't wrap my mind around what. Wonder if a money bonus would do it for that second year.

If I'm Cleveland, I do what I can to make Luc happy. Gomes is apparently a good handler of pitchers but his hitting is self explanatory. I don't pin the NTC fail on Stearns. I put it on the Indians for not making Luc feel welcome that he was the man who was going to catch and be a fixture there for years to come.

For what its worth, they don't view Mejia as their catcher of the future either, so Luc makes a ton of sense to them.

http://www.scout.com/mlb/rumors/story/1690940-breakdown-of-potential-lucroy-to-indians

"The big name was Francisco Mejia. He is most known this year for his 42-game hit streak. A little over two weeks ago I tweeted that Mejia would be the player the Indians look to move at the deadline. This would seem odd for a team with little-to-no catching depth, but also says a lot to the issues that surrounded Mejia. He is a very talented player with all the skills to be a potential all-star catcher, but with an attitude that was off putting to many. I have heard many off the record stories that made it clear Mejia was a large pain for everyone. I think he might have worn out his welcome in Cleveland. "

Tom H seems to believe that Mets will probably need to move past desire not to move Rosario and Smith. I'd be fine with a Rosario and Tom Szapucki deal for Lucroy.... maybe on lottery ticket as a throw in. Really getting feeling we on here strongly over value what his market is and the Indian trade shows that. That was the best deal DS had on table while talking to many different clubs...

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

After seeing what the Red Sox gave up for Fernando Abad, maybe they should just focus on moving the 3 relief pitchers....

Youll get more it seems like in return than for Lucroy.

Pat Light #10 prospect who might wind up being a big league closer VERY SOON.

Heck, Jeffress must be worth a ton, Thornburg too in this market.

This trade deadline couldn't be more annoying.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Indians can't be serious in their catching situation, can they? I could see them doing something to get Luc again but I can't wrap my mind around what. Wonder if a money bonus would do it for that second year.

If I'm the Indians I tell the Brewers I will give them the same package of prospects plus a choice of 1 of 3 mid level guys to add in Thornburg to the deal. Make Lucroy's option a player option. That way when Lucroy denies the option the Indians could then QO him which he would deny. Pick up a first round pick in the 2017 draft.

Archived