Brewer Fanatic

Josh Reddick, Rich Hill to Dodgers from A's for Holmes, Montas, Cotton

And That

OK, maybe not so fast on Braun, but Reddick has been hurt and missed quite a few games himself over the last four years so Braun's nagging injuries wouldn't have deterred LA. Braun would have been better too - Reddick is career .750 OPS and .317 OBP.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Frankie Montas, Grant Holmes and Jharel Cotton all going to the A's

I like Holmes - he sits around 60-80 on most Top 100 lists. Montas was a borderline Top 100 guy before the season, but has slipped down with some injuries this year. Still, he's a solid arm.

Reddick is pretty darn good imo. They gave up a lot for rentals, but assuming Hill gets healthy (huge if), they're pretty good rentals.

I don't get the love for Reddick. He's having a career year; career OPS of .753 and OPB of .317 (for reference, Nieuwenhuis' career #s are .709 and .313 respectively), and he's also missed 153 games over the last four years.

I don't see what is so special about that.

He's a really good outfielder and he isn't having a career year. He's having a normal year. He plays in that cavernous park. He's a 120 OPS+ type guy with well above average defense.

Injury history is definitely not good though.

Archived