Brewer Fanatic

The Brand New Lucroy Trade Thread

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then he has no clue..Gallo is one of the top prospects in all of baseball..if he doesn't value that as an important piece for Luc...he really shouldn't be an MLB GM.

http://i.imgur.com/jVNQB.gif

Just curious if you've ever taken an economics class? There's something called supply and demand. Just because you think something is worth $100, doesn't mean it is, unless you can find someone to give you $100 for it. Teams are going hard after RP, there isn't much fighting for catchers. Plus, Stearns might think Gallo is going to have the value of Russell Branyan in the future. Would you trade Lucroy for Branyan 2.0?

I've never taken an economics class and even I understand the barebones of supply and demand. It really isn't a difficult concept to grasp...

Trade with the Rangers...?

Doug Melvin's ears perk up.

Are Mench, Nix and Cordero available?

Probably not just for Lucroy, would probably have to include Big Willy Style. at least we'd get back a replacement in the bullpen, and two OF to help us now!

I think Gallo's upside maxes out as an Adam Dunn type bat, except Gallo can't play the outfield and is probably limited to 1B as soon as he hits the majors (doubt that he sticks at 3B). I could live with a low batting average and a ton of strikeouts if the guy hits home runs and draws enough walks to post a good OBP, and there is a pretty decent chance that Gallo does that. Not unreasonable to see him slashing .240/.360/.520/.880.

That being said, I'd still prefer to get five or six rock solid prospects from Texas rather than go Gallo or Brinson and wind up with one of those guys, one good prospect and one mediocre prospect. There is a chance to have the fourth and fifth pieces of this deal actually be quality prospects and it would be great to see the Brewers take that route (if available).

.342/.425/.516 Mike Trout's career MiLB numbers

.403/.467/.623 Mike Trout's AAA numbers (age 20)

.320/.435/.655 Rickie Weeks' AAA numbers

.195/.289/.450 Joey Gallo's AAA numbers in 2015

.246/.381/.557 Joey Gallo's AAA numbers in 2016

Just some perspective on what a "Top Prospect" is

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

No Gallo, No Brinson then a boatload.....

Texas gets:

C-Jonathan Lucroy

RHP-Jeremy Jeffress

RHP-Junior Guerra

Milwaukee gets:

RHP-Luis Ortiz

LHP-Yohander Mendez

OF-Leody Taveras

1B-Ronald Guzman

RHP-Ariel Jurado

SS-Michael Deleon

C Jose Trevino

C-Brett Nicholas

Mench walking through Miller Park was one of the most cringe-worthy moments on Brewers telecasts. It still makes me shake my head.

If the brewers make a trade with the Rangers and

Gallo isn't in it...then Stearns just really doesn't get it...does he??

I really don't think that you do. Stearns cannot just demand an asking price if he doesn't have a suitor willing to meet that asking price.

Do you really think Stearns wouldn't love to add the best guys possible? Do you think he's telling teams to take 3 guys of their choice off the table and then they can discuss the rest?

Mench walking through Miller Park was one of the most cringe-worthy moments on Brewers telecasts. It still makes me shake my head.

I didn't see it, so yay! Although I wouldn't mind details.

I really don't think that you do. Stearns cannot just demand an asking price if he doesn't have a suitor willing to meet that asking price.

Do you really think Stearns wouldn't love to add the best guys possible? Do you think he's telling teams to take 3 guys of their choice off the table and then they can discuss the rest?

If the deal also includes Jeffress, then yes, he HAS to demand Gallo as a PART of it. Remember, all reports are to trade Jeffress, he MUST get a major piece in return.

Still comedy to this day. Reminiscent of Stone Cold entering the building. BY GOD AUSTINS HERE

When I was in school for my MBA, I took a negotiations class. Every week, we were assigned a scenario, given a side to take, and had to do a one-on-one negotiation with a classmate. We got most of the class period to do it and then had to return to the professor with our results. We were graded on how "well" we did in the negotiation.

There was one guy in the class who for some reason didn't like me. I hated his guts, too, but that's because he was a miserable human being. Of course, we got paired up for one negotiation. I put my dislike for him aside and set out to have an honest, fair negotiation. Certainly, I tried to "win," but I also wanted to try to have us both end up with an agreement with which we could be satisfied. I made reasonable requests, gave reasonable concessions, tried to work with him as best I could.

This guy, in turn, literally refused to negotiate. He disliked me so much that he was willing to fail the assignment if it meant I failed, too (LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I IMPLORE YOU...WHAT DID I EVER DO TO DESERVE THIS TREATMENT?). He finally agreed to negotiate, at which point he made the most insane offer that he knew I couldn't accept. When I didn't, he shut down. We both failed.

Fortunately, my professor knew he was a worthless excuse of a student and gave me a make-up negotiation.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that...I don't know, really. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

I didn't see it, so yay! Although I wouldn't mind details.

Well, first it was Daron Sutton, so there's your first indication of how over-the-top this was. But what I remember is the camera watching him walk through the tunnels, like up in his face with a bunch of people taking pictures. Meanwhile, Sutton is there saying how "here was our new slugger" and talking about it as if Mench was some sort of elite talent and the headliner to the deal.

I get it, trying to drum-up some enthusiasm for a weary fan base, but it was really hard to watch and not have tons of snarky things going on in my head. I think some people were surprised when Kevin Mench turned out to be Kevin Mench.

If the deal also includes Jeffress, then yes, he HAS to demand Gallo as a PART of it. Remember, all reports are to trade Jeffress, he MUST get a major piece in return.

What if Brinson, Tate, Ortiz, and Mendez were included? Gallo is not the only major piece in the Ranger system.

And Stearns cannot demand anything. He can request anything he wants, but if he doesn't have a buyer, he can't sell. He can either take what he is offered now or try again in the offseason or next deadline, but there's no guarantees.

If the deal also includes Jeffress, then yes, he HAS to demand Gallo as a PART of it.

Maybe he doesn't want Gallo. Or feels the value he gets is better spent on multiple good prospects rather than putting all the eggs in the basket of one "elite" prospect with one tool.

I'm plus or minus on Gallo, would be happy to have him, but he most definitely does not need to be a part of it.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Archived