Brewer Fanatic

The Brand New Lucroy Trade Thread

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the brewers make a trade with the Rangers and Gallo isn't in it...then Stearns just really doesn't get it...does he??

Doesn't get what?

How trades are supposed to work. He was going to let Cleveland off the hook without their #1 prospect, there is NO way he should let texas off the hook too. Especially if it includes Jeffress. Lucroy is absolutely worth Gallo +. If he isn't part of it...hang up the phone.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If the brewers make a trade with the Rangers and Gallo isn't in it...then Stearns just really doesn't get it...does he??

If he doesn't get Gallo, I would say that means Stearns disagrees on the valuation of prospects and lucroys trade value with you, not that he doesn't "get it".

No, Eugene, that Ivy League 30 year old MLB General Manager just doesn't get it.

He really doesn't...I don't care if he went to an ivy league school or not...Lucroy is an all star catcher and probably the best in the game..why should you under sell him?? Even if Gallo for Luc is a 1-1..you do it. But Gallo has to be included somehow.

My wife actually told me she was sad this morning because her boyfriend was traded. I somehow hadn't found out about it yet. Her and some of her friends all think he is hot.

You can trade Lucroy without getting a teams top prospect. He doesn't have to get Gallo.

If he doesn't get Gallo, I would say that means Stearns disagrees on the valuation of prospects and lucroys trade value with you, not that he doesn't "get it".

Then he has no clue..Gallo is one of the top prospects in all of baseball..if he doesn't value that as an important piece for Luc...he really shouldn't be an MLB GM.

Gallo would be fun to have in Milwaukee, and fun to cheer on in a HR Derby. He is not a slam dunk top prospect though. His AAA numbers look somewhat like a player who could be a Mark Reynolds, not a Ryan Braun. We'll see. I trust Stearns knows more than me
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

My wife actually told me she was sad this morning because her boyfriend was traded. I somehow hadn't found out about it yet. Her and some of her friends all think he is hot.

You can trade Lucroy without getting a teams top prospect. He doesn't have to get Gallo.

[sarcasm]But he can hit home runs really far! That MUST mean that he's baseball Jesus, right?[/sarcasm]

If he doesn't get Gallo...maybe he isn't available? Hmm that would be mind blowing.

EVERYONE is available for the right price...especially a Gallo. He's redundant to Texas.

Maybe Lucroy isn't the right price.

Then he has no clue..Gallo is one of the top prospects in all of baseball..if he doesn't value that as an important piece for Luc...he really shouldn't be an MLB GM.

Just curious if you've ever taken an economics class? There's something called supply and demand. Just because you think something is worth $100, doesn't mean it is, unless you can find someone to give you $100 for it. Teams are going hard after RP, there isn't much fighting for catchers. Plus, Stearns might think Gallo is going to have the value of Russell Branyan in the future. Would you trade Lucroy for Branyan 2.0?

Archived