Brewer Fanatic

The Brand New Lucroy Trade Thread

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My wife is getting a kick out of the wife talk in this thread.

I mentioned to my wife at dinner last night that the Brewers had traded Lucroy. Her response: "oh". Clear implication: "I don't care".

I mentioned this morning that he had blocked the trade and she just came right out with "yeah, I don't care".

:laughing

At least your wife isn't a Cubs fan. :ohwell

Deal breaker. Never would've been a second date, and the first one would've been short.

Lol great post. You're not kidding. My wife is tired of humoring me on this.

My wife got so annoyed with me telling her about the Lucroy trade, but she did find the veto situation interesting.

Now the trade deadline is interfering with my work and going to the park to Pokemon it up with my kids.

My wife didn't seem to mind me up all night as she didn't have to get up to feed the child.

Congratulations on the baby.

Community Moderator
Dang88

5m

Dang88‏ @dan3316iel

Grant Holmes is hugging people here at Quakes stadium......maybe he's just friendly

@BillShaikin: I'm told Grant Holmes is "messing around" if he's hugging folks at Rancho.

If he is just "messing around" it would be great to seem him actually traded later today.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewers and Rangers were far apart yesterday.

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2016/7/31/12337988/rangers-trade-rumors-jonathan-lucroy-jeremy-jeffress-brewers?utm_campaign=chriscotillo&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

I think people should be thinking about reasonable return and not "dream scenarios"

Nah, it's fine. Far apart could mean that we simply wouldn't include Smith/Jeffress with Luc and by the way the Indians trade went down, I'd think that's a very reasonable assumption.

Brewers and Rangers were far apart yesterday.

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2016/7/31/12337988/rangers-trade-rumors-jonathan-lucroy-jeremy-jeffress-brewers?utm_campaign=chriscotillo&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

I think people should be thinking about reasonable return and not "dream scenarios"

Could be similar to Gomez trade. Adding another high quality player (Jeffress) really moves the needle.

JonMorosi: In Jonathan Lucroy trade talks, one proposal includes Yohander Mendez or Luis Ortiz going from #Rangers to #Brewers, source says. @MLB

Good to hear. I'd prefer Mendez. Some injury concerns/projectability concerns with Ortiz. More details about Texas' prospects here:

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2016?list=tex

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Community Moderator
JonMorosi: In Jonathan Lucroy trade talks, one proposal includes Yohander Mendez or Luis Ortiz going from #Rangers to #Brewers, source says. @MLB

Good to hear. I'd prefer Mendez. Some injury concerns/projectability concerns with Ortiz. More details about Texas' prospects here:

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2016?list=tex

Random question, does anyone remember what the connection is between Luis Ortiz and Matt Garza? I know they know each other, but can't remember the exact connection off hand.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Congratulations on the baby.

Thanks! He loves watching the Brewers game replays in the middle of the night. Haha

I've got a little guy too. I'm in Chicago so when the time comes I hope he picks the Brewers and *gasp* not the Cubs (if he even likes baseball).

Archived