Brewer Fanatic

The Brand New Lucroy Trade Thread

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, first it was Daron Sutton, so there's your first indication of how over-the-top this was. But what I remember is the camera watching him walk through the tunnels, like up in his face with a bunch of people taking pictures. Meanwhile, Sutton is there saying how "here was our new slugger" and talking about it as if Mench was some sort of elite talent and the headliner to the deal.

I get it, trying to drum-up some enthusiasm for a weary fan base, but it was really hard to watch and not have tons of snarky things going on in my head. I think some people were surprised when Kevin Mench turned out to be Kevin Mench.

So glad I didn't see that but part of me kind of wishes I did. :laughing

We have to be giving up probably a reliever and starter along with Lucroy if Gallo and Mendez/Ortiz are being named.

Which is absolutely totally fine. I'd prefer not to deal Davies, but I'd consider it for the right offer. I'd deal Nelson first and Guerra second.

I do not understand the fascination with Gallo. Sure he is a top prospect now

You answered your question a sentence later.

If he can be a .240/.360/.550 hitter and play an average 3B, that's an amazing player.

I'd deal Guerra before Nelson for sure.

Not me. I'm just not a big Nelson guy. I think he's peaked and he doesn't have a ton of control left. But I can understand why people would prefer to sell Guerra now who could flame back out.

Gallo - I'm afraid he'll be a bust. Can't manage .250 in AAA - or even .200 last year. And has struck out 9 times in 14 ABs with the Rangers this year. Looks completely overmatched. Let's stay with the inexpensive version of an all-or-nothing slugger, Chris Carter, and not spend our Lucroy capital on a prospect who may well bomb.

I do not understand the fascination with Gallo. Sure he is a top prospect now, but let's not pretend he is a generational prospect a la Trout and Harper. He is going to strike out A LOT.

So what?? EVERY big slugger in baseball has always struck out a lot. That's what you get with them. The Brewers have a lack of power in their system..he fills that void. OBP guys are nice, but do you no good if you don't have anyone that can bring them in.

I do not understand the fascination with Gallo. Sure he is a top prospect now, but let's not pretend he is a generational prospect a la Trout and Harper. He is going to strike out A LOT.

And hit a ton of homeruns. With the OBP focused building plan he could win us a lot of games on one swing of the bat. It is just how much will he hit? Probably not enough to be a super star, but he should be a really nice player.

I'd want more with Gallo, but he is a nice prospect. I am worried Gallo ends up as too much of the package.

Would you trade Lucroy for Branyan 2.0?

You are new here so I will let you know that Branyan is legend. Yes I would trade Lucroy for Branyan 2.0+. Provided we didn't get the injury issues Branyan had.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Community Moderator
Let the great debate continue, is he Russell Branyan or Jim Thome?

Jim Thome hit .332/.441/.585 in AAA, so.....

Can't you at least just let us have this dream for 5 minutes! ;)

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Gallo - I'm afraid he'll be a bust. Can't manage .250 in AAA - or even .200 last year. And has struck out 9 times in 14 ABs with the Rangers this year. Looks completely overmatched. Let's stay with the inexpensive version of an all-or-nothing slugger, Chris Carter, and not spend our Lucroy capital on a prospect who may well bomb.

Every single prospect could bomb...That's the problem with prospects.

Archived