Brewer Fanatic

The Brand New Lucroy Trade Thread

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand that Lucroy is well within his rights to enforce his no-trade restriction, and that he may have non-baseball reasons for choosing to veto the deal, but may I express my disappointment by saying that I hope that Cleveland win it all this year while Lucroy watches the playoffs from his home - wherever that might be - and wishes he was there....?

Does this move the Mets back to pole position? :(

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

He wanted the Indians to make him a free agent at the end of the season. That's not a negotiation tactic, that is a big fat middle finger to both sides. Don't say that you want to go to a contender then when you get your wish, pull the carpet out. Seems more than a little like a douche move.

He wanted the Indians to make him a free agent at the end of the season. That's not a negotiation tactic, that is a big fat middle finger to both sides. Don't say that you want to go to a contender then when you get your wish, pull the carpet out. Seems more than a little like a douche move.

Wrong,. It's a business move by Lucroy. And a smart one. We may not like it, but i'm not going to beat up Lucroy over trying to use his leverage.

Wrong,. It's a business move by Lucroy. And a smart one. We may not like it, but i'm not going to beat up Lucroy over trying to use his leverage.

How was it a smart business move?

Leverage? He just said no. That's not leveraging that is throwing a temper tantrum. No team in their right mind would agree to what he demanded with what they would have to give up. He didn't say give me an extension or let me walk. His "smart business move" has doomed him to playing out the season on a rebuilding club. The one thing he said that he didn't want to do.

Joke's on him, instead of being underpaid on a contender, he's going to be underpaid for one of the worst teams in the league. Guess he doesn't want to win as much as he repeatedly said.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Not a smart business move at all. Now he may be stuck playing for a losing team and still be getting paid the same amount of money. He could've won a ring and then gotten paid in 1.5 years. He could also get traded to Atlanta now and be on an even worse team.

Joke's on him, instead of being underpaid on a contender, he's going to be underpaid for one of the worst teams in the league. Guess he doesn't want to win as much as he repeatedly said.

Where is the damn like button for this post. I wholeheartedly agree. He has cut off his nose to spite his face.

Archived