Brewer Fanatic

Derek Norris to the Brewers?

Only trading Garza for him would make me okay with this.

Just let Pina play with Maldy.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Norris in Miller Park wouldn't be horrible. He has pop in his bat for playing at O.Co and Petco. He's having a down year with his average but if the Padres want a minimal return, sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they give up nothing more than a decent prospect, it could be worth it. He was pretty good the last couple years before falling off a cliff. Good buy low candidate, and if he has a good season next year he could be flipped. Not a bad idea to look into it at least.

They got no major league talent back for Lucroy. They should have the pieces for a great buy low candidate in Norris. I suggest Aaron Wilkerson would be a good fit. They'd essentially have swapped one buy low guy in Hill for 3 years of another in a current position of need. Norris has 20-25 HR potential in Miller Park which would elevate his trade value significantly by two years from now.

Must really dislike the journeymen in AAA if the Crew is looking to add Norris.

No less than they liked say Perez when they picked up Hill to play 3B in the winter. Norris has been a regular in the big leagues and he's available at a discount. You don't pass that up to make room for career minor leaguers even ones with hot bats. If they like Pinto or Piña they can deal Maldonado in the winter.

The Rangers have supposedly been wanting Norris. Why not trade for him and then say, "Your move Texas."

But seriously, he's a buy low candidate to flip next year. The Pads have a couple of good, young catchers that he's blocking and are practically giving away veterans right now.

I'd love this if we don't give up anything of real value, which we shouldn't have to given how bad he's been this year.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Archived