Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy to Cleveland - LUCROY HAS VETOED THE TRADE

And That

- the fourth player mentioned will end up being a PTBNL, because he's not eligible to be traded yet.

To be the PTBNL, the player has to be eligible for trade on date of original trade.

MLB changed trade rules after craziness of SD/ Washington a year or so ago..

That would be why it hasn't been discussed... :laughing

Even if the name of the player is not determined right now, today is the date the PTBNL has to be eligible for trade. So forget any player part of the 2016 draft.. Or a player on the 40 man roster. People in those groups are ineligible by league rules.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is so bad about last year? His stats were pretty good for his age last year. I'd probably call them "holding his own" kind of stats. Low minors guys haven't broke out yet...just look at Arcia. He didn't hit that well at A ball

I'm underwhelmed, but DS knows a hell of a lot more than me. Still hoping for an arm as the 4th piece, and making a lot more moves tomorrow.

I second this!

The last player is reported to be a pitcher, just not named yet.

I simply can't imagine the Brewers' bullpen remaining intact through this process, and if there's a match for Guerra, that's a real possibility too.

Milwaukee has heavily scouted the Rangers, Dodgers, Giants, and Mets, at least - all of whom are looking for pitching of one sort or another - and Cleveland still needs bullpen help too.

Alright, disbanding my account. I gave you a heads up that he was going to Cleveland when pretty much everyone thought he was going to NY.

Now I just told you Will Smith is being shopped for a high K starter.

Still getting grief.

I have info from the inside faster than you can blink.

Im out for good.

And Go Brewers!

f85c4027-87d3-45c4-a2f4-aead31c5e844.jpg

Hitting .243/.324 in A ball as a 19 year old doesn't scream "superstar potential" but scouts still talked about his cannon arm that year. He has clearly hit well in every other season, especially so far this year. I'd be interested to find out more details about 2015 w/ Mejia as well
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Bleacher Report is saying

I'm going to cut you off right there.

:laughing

Yeah, BR usually isn't very reliable.

I understand that but this is multiple outlets saying the same thing. Only reason I posted that.

I'm underwhelmed, but DS knows a hell of a lot more than me. Still hoping for an arm as the 4th piece, and making a lot more moves tomorrow.

I second this!

The last player is reported to be a pitcher, just not named yet.

I simply can't imagine the Brewers' bullpen remaining intact through this process, and if there's a match for Guerra, that's a real possibility too.

Milwaukee has heavily scouted the Rangers, Dodgers, Giants, and Mets, at least - all of whom are looking for pitching of one sort or another - and Cleveland still needs bullpen help too.

#1. Based on what my friend who is a Brewers scout has told me over the last two days, I will be shocked if the Brewers don't do some kind of deal with the Rangers, Dodgers, or Giants.

#2. I also have to wonder if maybe we could have gotten a heavier return from Cleveland if we had included Jeffress or Smith but chose not too because those guys will net a heavy return on their own.

#3. My scout friend stressed to me again tonight that Stearns loves young players. That is what we did in the Cleveland deal. 3-4 young players. Player who has advanced highest has been in AA for 2 weeks. I have to think if we do a Jeffress or Smith deal we will get 2-3 young guiys back in return. As I have mentioned previously Stearns firmly beleives you get more value by going lower in systems.

If the 4th player is McKenzie, I am thrilled with the return. May not be 4 guys at the top of their prospect list, but would be 4 guys with big upside. Without a nice 4th piece, preferably a pitcher...I'm a bit underwhelmed. But as always only time would tell.
I am not Shea Vucinich

Thats a pretty solid trio of players. Not the shiny top 30 prospect that many of us wanted but Stearns seems to not care about any ranking but his own. I'd put Mejia 4th, Chang 10th and Allen 13th on the Brewers prospect rankings. That is just slotting them into the MLB pipeline rankigns

My favorite comment so far. Like any NFL draft, we really won't know the outcome for a couple of years at least.

I also have to wonder if maybe we could have gotten a heavier return from Cleveland if we had included Jeffress or Smith but chose not too because those guys will net a heavy return on their own.

I've tried to address this a couple of times - Stearns definitely prefers to sell players off one at a time, rather than in a package. When national media kept saying he was trying to, "package a reliever with Lucroy", I kept saying, "only if the return meets what Stearns thinks each player is worth."

For Jeffress, it will take, one, "guy", and two more - I don't know how high up the list that front guy would have to be, but there is literally zero motivation to trade a player with his results, his remaining control, and his $$. If Jeffress goes, it will strictly be because someone met the return.

I'm most intrigued by both Guerra and Thornburg, because they're both putting up great numbers, but both have taken people by surprise with that - so what is their trade value? I'd love to see a deal, to find that out.

I've been watching a lot of Mejia video tonight. This kid really has elite bat speed & hand/eye coordination. He is far from a polished hitter yet, he's a little all over the place with his balance sometimes and chops at the ball on occasion, but you can see why scouts love him. The hit tool is all there and I love the way he battles.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I also have to wonder if maybe we could have gotten a heavier return from Cleveland if we had included Jeffress or Smith but chose not too because those guys will net a heavy return on their own.

I've tried to address this a couple of times - Stearns definitely prefers to sell players off one at a time, rather than in a package. When national media kept saying he was trying to, "package a reliever with Lucroy", I kept saying, "only if the return meets what Stearns thinks each player is worth."

For Jeffress, it will take, one, "guy", and two more - I don't know how high up the list that front guy would have to be, but there is literally zero motivation to trade a player with his results, his remaining control, and his $$. If Jeffress goes, it will strictly be because someone met the return.

I'm most intrigued by both Guerra and Thornburg, because they're both putting up great numbers, but both have taken people by surprise with that - so what is their trade value? I'd love to see a deal, to find that out.

Thanks splitter. I'm starting to connect the dots as to how Stearns thinks.

It sounds like the rebuild is going to take longer than a lot of us would like. However, Stearns is going about it the right way by building a strong farm system, top to bottom.

Archived