Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy to Cleveland - LUCROY HAS VETOED THE TRADE

And That
Just be happy the Indians made this offer. For the upset peanut gallery, you could have 3 players with one by the name of D'Arnaud and the other Nimmo.

This kind of attitude contributed to the reception you got in the other thread.

Want more behind the door info, then keep your mouth shut.

If you want to give people inside info, that's great. If you're gonna throw around that kind of attitude, you can keep the info to yourself for all I care. Hearing about a possible trade a day or so early isn't worth putting up with that kind of nonsense.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just be happy the Indians made this offer. For the upset peanut gallery, you could have 3 players with one by the name of D'Arnaud and the other Nimmo.

This kind of attitude contributed to the reception you got in the other thread.

Want more behind the door info, then keep your mouth shut.

Everyone appreciates the information, but in all seriousness, there are rules on this forum:

viewtopic.php?&t=4208

I am a member of and used to moderate a forum where people are more free to be condescending and raunchy, which can be a lot of fun at times, but this forum has tighter rules that we need to follow.

Wonder where Mejia will go. He is destroying A+ ball, but Nottingham currently sits behind the dish at AA Biloxi.

Mejia should go to Bevard County.

He started the season at Low A Lake County (Midwest league like Timber Rattlers). Only been in High A for a month or so.

BTW, Nottingham had less than a full season at High A before Brewers rushed him to Biloxi this season. Better to let Mejia finish out the season in High A and possibly starting next season there before repeating a similar move (possible mistake).

FACT...... I broke the news of the Cleveland trade before anyone on planet earth.

You said that Milwaukee and Cleveland had a deal, which was likely to have been the case anyway. You declined to name any of the players going back. That's not really breaking anything.

I declined because I had sarcastic quotes following my statements. Why keep posting if people are going to jar with you.

If you want to give people inside info, that's great. If you're gonna throw around that kind of attitude, you can keep the info to yourself for all I care. Hearing about a possible trade a day or so early isn't worth putting up with that kind of nonsense.

Agreed. Thank you. This is Brewerfan.net , we have been here for years & years. Anyone is welcome, but you have to treat people with respect. The moderators here do a great job with this site. This is not the comments section of the JS Online

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

FACT...... I broke the news of the Cleveland trade before anyone on planet earth.

You said that Milwaukee and Cleveland had a deal, which was likely to have been the case anyway. You declined to name any of the players going back. That's not really breaking anything.

I declined because I had sarcastic quotes. Why keep posting if people are going to jar with you.

Im sorry, maybe you have inside info and maybe not... but I could have easily said a trade with Indians was happening and then declined to give names. You may have sources, but stop throwing it around because you haven't really shown anything of value with your "information".

I'm not hating on any of the players we got, but I thought we'd get more. This seems like a trade we'd make in the offseason, not with 1.5 years remaining on his contract.

Zimmer made a lot of sense--an arm like Holmes or Allard...I must really have overvalued his market.

I wasn't a fan of the Ray pick, either. I guess I'm just a little out of touch with this front office.

I'll wait a few years before passing final judgement, but I'm really going to miss Lucroy.

I declined because I had sarcastic quotes.

That's all well and good, but my point remains the same. You had the common knowledge side of a likely trade right.

I know that a lot of you don't like him but Mike Wickett correctly predicted the reaction of some here on twitter earlier today:

"This trade sucks. Stearns is an idiot" ~some #Brewers fan in 3 hours from now.

I'm not making a judgement on whose opinion is right and whose is wrong - I'm just giving a little credit where it is due...

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

I declined because I had sarcastic quotes following my statements. Why keep posting if people are going to jar with you.

Why keep posting now? Your condescending and snarky attitude will not fly on this board.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I wasn't a fan of the Ray pick, either. I guess I'm just a little out of touch with this front office.

It is pretty clear with Villar, Ray, and now Greg Allen (and others) that Stearns really values athleticism and top end speed, as well as players that get on-base. Not sure if he is partly following the KC Royals trend or trying to carve out his own niche, but it does seem like a method of operation is being established

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Community Moderator
Not sure if it is going to happen or not, but I am hoping for the possible 4th "lesser" piece to be a pitcher to see if Stearns can pull something from the Astros' bag of tricks and find a young throw-in arm that turns into a gem.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

No, you said you couldn't tell who because your "arse would be in a sling."

As one who has used the term "arse" for most of his life - based upon where I'm from - I just want to stress that this isn't me with two accounts... :tongue

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

Not trying to get this off topic, but when you made your account a week ago, have 50 posts, and your name isn't Ken Rosenthal your insider info is probably going to be taken with a grain of salt. Now you are sitting here bragging when we all knew a Lucroy trade was coming and you said he was going to be traded to the most obvious team there is. You then provided no real info that would actually point to you really knowing something(like players involved).

I don't know why you are shocked people didn't care for your insider info.

A pitcher back would have been nice. Still holding out hope that maybe we can tack on Smith to get one back. I don't hate the deal, but I was hoping to be wowed by it.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I think the lack of a marquee prospect arm coming back with this deal for lucroy has more to do with the brewers and Indians lining up another trade sending a reliever their way.

Still two days to make trades, and the brewers are definitely not done yet.

Oh, and so happy the mets are pounding sand tonight...Really hoping the lucroy no trade hurdle gets cleared and this thing happens. If the deal falls through because of that, there's no market worth trading him in until this offseason.

Anyone else think that including Greg Allen in this trade is a slight knee jerk reaction to Corey Ray's slow start in his 1st 100 at-bats? (.219/.257/.267)

Hedging bets? Completely unrelated? There's a lot of OF's in the system (Phillips et al)

1) Is it too much to ask for for Mejia to be a top-100 prospect on Pipeline and BA?

2) Saying that Mejia was high in Stern's personal rankings makes it seem like fans can never question the drafting or acquiring of prospects because after all, they were good according to the GM.

3) As I said before, he has reported attitude issues

4) When he cools off, we will all look back and wonder why Sterns chose to Buy-High

Archived