Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy to Cleveland - LUCROY HAS VETOED THE TRADE

And That
  • Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scout said today it was "general consensus of the industry" that Tribe would have to part with Frazier/Zimmer in a Lucroy deal. Appears not.

I don't care if two of the guys we got might be future top 100 prospects. I want a guy who is a top 100 prospect TODAY. If those two guys were that good, they would be top 100 prospects TODAY.

Scout said today it was "general consensus of the industry" that Tribe would have to part with Frazier/Zimmer in a Lucroy deal. Appears not.

I don't care if two of the guys we got might be future top 100 prospects. I want a guy who is a top 100 prospect TODAY. If those two guys were that good, they would be top 100 prospects TODAY.

Happy now?

Baseball America

70. Francisco Mejia c Indians

Just be happy the Indians made this offer. For the upset peanut gallery, you could have 3 players with one by the name of D'Arnaud and the other Nimmo.

This kind of attitude contributed to the reception you got in the other thread.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

If Stearns required that one of Zimmer/Frazier/Mejia be included, that means he ranks Mejia right up there with the other two. Thus, I am fine with it, unless he and his team are terrible talent evaluators. All things being equal (and obviously they aren't, necessarily), a catcher is more valuable than an OF, anyway.

EDIT: Mejia is a top-100 prospect. I'm not sure how many you want. There are 30 teams in MLB, so a top-100 is, on average, one of the top 3-ish players in a team's system. Getting one is really nice. Getting more than one is a bit much to ask.

Lol. Mejia is top 70 already, but nice try.

Look, Clint Frazier is no sure thing. He is currently batting .275/.351/.465 in AA/AAA. It is not like the guy is tearing up MiLB the way Braun/Weeks/Fielder did. He has the name recognition from being the #5 overall pick. I get that
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I am sorry the Brewers biggest weakness is pitching had to hope that we would get a starter for the future. The team does not have the pitching to move forward and hopefully DS moves some of this surplus of middle inf and of for some starting pitching.

It's a downer that we have to part ways with the best catcher the Brewers has ever had but hopefully the return on this turns out to being something special.

On a side note, just let Pina move up and catch. Derek Norris? Come on.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I agree with HighHeat19...

Current CLE package better than anything coming out of NYM...looks like I was right about GAllen and Mejia last week! :)

I said it would be YDiaz but it was Chang...which is even better...would have loved to have Tristan MacK...but the market is the market.

Brewer fans look at Lucroy like a mansion and want a million dollars for it...but if the only offers are 750K then you live in a 750K house...

Just be happy the Indians made this offer. For the upset peanut gallery, you could have 3 players with one by the name of D'Arnaud and the other Nimmo.

Want more behind the door info, then keep your mouth shut.

Dude stop. I'm glad you have access to information we don't have but come on. There just is no reason to be like this.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

FACT...... I broke the news of the Cleveland trade before anyone on planet earth.

Community Moderator

I am not completely ecstatic about the trade, but I am going to trust that they did their due diligence in scouting these guys.

The not-so-delicious sundae for me will be if the Indians flip Lucroy in the off-season for a better prospect haul. Not saying they shouldn't have taken an offer now and I will cheer like heck for Lucroy, but boy will it be a hard pill to swallow if Cleveland lands an elite prospect for Lucroy at some point.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

we all appreciate the info, but you've got to tone it down a little on the condescension

If this trade goes through, and I still think Lucroy could become a diva over $$$ and block it, I would rate Francisco Mejia as the #2 Brewers prospect right now, just a cat's whiskers behind Arcia. Thrilled to get him. Like him way more than Frazier/Zimmer
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

For all we know he's in Stearns personal top 10 ranking. Rankings from Baseball America and other sites are great for casual fans but what really maters is what the GM of your team has as his ranking. Mejia sure looks like just as good a prospects as Jorge ALfaro and probably is a much better prospect than him at this point.

Rankings are silly. Stearns seems to be able to evaluate talent pretty well so I trust in his judgement. Along with looking at the numbers these guys are putting up. Chang is right in line with Isan Diaz in my mind and most around here think Diaz is a top 100 prospect. Allen is a prototypical leadoff prospect that I'd say is outside of the top 100 range right now, but if he keeps up his K/BB rate into AA then he starts spiking up rankings.

If Mejia, Chang and Allen were drafted by the Brewers we'd all be in love with them an shouting about how it's a travesty that they aren't top 100 prospects.

I agree, HighHeat19. Nice scoop on this trade, your insider-ish info was spot on.

Archived