Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy to Cleveland - LUCROY HAS VETOED THE TRADE

And That
Based on what I am seeing, I would've been fine with Zimmer and Mejia instead of the other two or three. Not thrilled here I must say. Usually I am the optimist, but a feels more like the Mets Gomez deal than the Astros Gomez deal.

Agreed. Most everyone else gets massive packages back with lesser chips.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today's roller coaster ride, unless Stearns fabricated all the leaks himself, tells me that he found the market, asked high, did his due diligence, and calculated that the price wouldn't rise in the winter. I'm thrilled if the fourth is one of the good arms, disappoined if not, but that's based on the conventional view of what the market was. The process story reassures me that Stearns did his job.

This is not at all a done deal, guys. Not yet anyways

Rosenthal: "Lucroy likely will want financial inducement to waive no-trade; he holds that leverage. Earning $4M this season; $5.25M club option for ’17."

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Classic Buy-High Move.

I would have waited until next season to trade him, since I honestly don't think teams pay that much more for 1.5 years instead of .5 years.

This isn't a terrible trade, but disappointing.

I guess the only positive is that we didn't stockpile more outfielders, and that C and SS are always good positions to target.

So when Stearns trades Will Smith to Cleveland for McKenzie tommorrow, will people be happy again?

Btw, this is a big haul for lucroy...Mejia should be too young to be making big time minor league noise and Allen will be a mlb regular. Both are top 100 talents that will be on such lists 1-2 years from now.

Classic Buy-High Move.

I would have waited until next season to trade him, since I honestly don't think teams pay that much more for 1.5 years instead of .5 years.

This isn't a terrible trade, but disappointing.

I guess the only positive is that we didn't stockpile more outfielders, and that C and SS are always good positions to target.

One year from now, I don't think they could even get Meija for half a year of Lucroy and no comp pick.

Gruber Lawffices

So when Stearns trades Will Smith to Cleveland for McKenzie tommorrow, will people be happy again?

Btw, this is a big haul for lucroy...Mejia should be too young to be making big time minor league noise and Allen will be a mlb regular. Both are top 100 talents that will be on such lists 1-2 years from now.

Chang is no slouch either.

And we wouldn't have needed Mejia as the centerpiece if Nottingham was what he was traded here to be.

I'm holding out hope the 4th guy is one of their big pitchers.

We get it. You don't like Nottingham and you don't like Stearns. Could you either attempt to back up your assertions with actual analysis, say something you haven't already said fifteen other times, or just spare us?

Sadly for us the market for Lucroy wasn't there. No one really wanted him. It was the Mets garbage offer or trading him to the Indians of you ask me. Oh well Mejia will hopefully make us all happy in a few years. If one of the other two pan out as a starter even better. Allen seems like a sure bet to provide something to the MLB club in a few years the way he walks/runs.

An all around Catcher

A power / speed MI

A leadoff hitting of

Thats a pretty solid trio of players. Not the shiny top 30 prospect that many of us wanted but Stearns seems to not care about any ranking but his own. I'd put Mejia 4th, Chang 10th and Allen 13th on the Brewers prospect rankings. That is just slotting them into the MLB pipeline rankigns

Archived