Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy to Cleveland - LUCROY HAS VETOED THE TRADE

And That
  • Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The #Brewers insisted on Franciso Meijia, Clint Frazier or Bradley Zimmer and two sides settled on Mejia to highlight package to #Brewers

This doesn't sound good for Stearns. Insist on Frazier /Zimmer and then pull in Mejia as the second piece

He underplayed his hand if this is the case.

I think Greg Allen was the lesser prospect

That's a pretty good "lesser prospect". I hope that you're right. :)

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

Ken Rosenthal seems to be the only one to have mentioned a fourth piece. Slightly worried this is it.

I think this is a great haul---3 players showing excellent skills that have a chance to stand out in the majors...their being a few years away actually makes them cheaper in the prospect-sphere. If Mejia keeps hitting like this the rest of the year, he'll be well up in the top 100

The #Brewers insisted on Franciso Meijia, Clint Frazier or Bradley Zimmer and two sides settled on Mejia to highlight package to #Brewers

This doesn't sound good for Stearns. Insist on Frazier /Zimmer and then pull in Mejia as the second piece

He underplayed his hand if this is the case.

I've seen numerous people that think Mejia has more upside than either Frazier or Zimmer. I have no problem with Mejia as the primary piece.

Just a gut feeling but I could really see Lucroy exploiting his no-trade clause here and this going down to the last minute. Could see Lucroy having his agent work Cleveland for a contract upgrade, something.... hope I'm wrong
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Archived