Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy to Cleveland - LUCROY HAS VETOED THE TRADE

And That
  • Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a relief. Terrible deal it would have been.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

He doesn't have many opportunities to make sure he gets paid, and the teams must not have made it attractive enough for him to waive the clause.

It's completely up to him. Hope it works out for Lucroy and the Brewers.

Community Moderator

I think I am going to get a Kickstarter going to fund a trade deadline reality show, anyone else want in?

This is so crazy, unfortunately it takes away the most obvious buyer from the market. While it seems like they HAVE to trade him now in one sense since it will be a little awkward having him around after nixing a trade, also don't necessarily want to be backed into a corner on accepting a low ball offer for him with 1.5 years remaining.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Thank god! Alls well that ends well.

So getting nothing will be better? Do you really think a better deal is coming along in the next 24 hours?

People are acting like some better deal is going to materialize? This is an unmitigated disaster.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Yup, remember the mets package that was panned? That probably is off the table, too.

This screws the brewers at the deadline this year.

Best thing for lucroy is now to exercise his option and deal him at the winter meetings to whoever has the best offer that isn't on his NTC list

Going to be one awkward walk into the clubhouse for mr. Lucroy this morning... $$ over winning.

Who isnt on his NTC?

When Brian McCann is making $17 million and Lucroy is making $5.25, he deserves to use whatever leverage he has to lessen that gap.

And now we can turn around and trade him for one of those better deals that were out there? I can understand if people didn't love the return, but this was obviously the deal DS felt was best. So people are now happy we can go looking for a 2nd best return?

I am not Shea Vucinich

In relation to what Cleveland got for Sabathis this is about on par for value. In relation to what teams are giving up for relievers today it's not.

Perhaps fastest way to rebuild a farm system is to go cheap everywhere on the field but splurge on RP then trade for other teams #1 prospects.

This is good news. I would rather keep Lucroy for next year and a half and take the Comp Pick then take the crap package the Indians offered anyway.

So a catcher prospect who has a chance to be very good is significantly worse than a Comp Pick?

Archived