Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy to Cleveland - LUCROY HAS VETOED THE TRADE

And That
Anybody mind updating the thread for where these guys rank in the Cleveland system and MLB in general? Sure it's already been done, but this thread is moving quickly and I'm trying to make sense of the trade without reading 17 pages!

I saw Fangraphs had Mejia at #12 in Cleveland prior to this season. Granted, he's been dominant this season, but that was still surprising to see.

I think there are other trades the board has liked (don't we usually have a collective agreement on smaller deals?), and while I'm usually optimistic about these deals, the return here does seem pretty disappointing. But, I'm still at the point where I'll assume Stearns has a better idea of the market and the expected productivity of these players.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2016?list=cle

6, 12, and 22, with a fringe arm added on - which is very similar to what Cleveland got for Sabathia at the time. Gosh, I wish the Brewers had pushed for the best deal they could get and stuff.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw Fangraphs had Mejia at #12 in Cleveland prior to this season. Granted, he's been dominant this season, but that was still surprising to see.

Not that any of it matters, but MLB.com has him at #5.

Seems like everyone is taking their frustrations out on Stearns, instead of directing them at the market. Lucroy SHOULD be worth more? No, doesn't work that way. A bat is a luxury down the stretch, pitching is a necessity.

I will also pile on the BA rankings that everyone is obsessed with. Those rankings are mostly based on the past. Fun to read, has some value but it is not gospel. Frankly, Stearns has already proven he can identify minor league talent.

That gomez trade was panned until people realized Hader was a potential stud.

At the time the focus was all about phillips and santana

Btw, lucroy was never a top 100 prospect himself, which says all you need to know about relying on what number a player is at any point in time.

Shoot, I remember discussions on this board about how Angel Salome was the next coming of Carlton Fisk and how it's an outrage that Lucroy.could possibly start over him in AA.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Unbelievable. Guess he didn't want to play for a contender that much after all. What a disaster.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Well, a lot of people got their wish. Lucroy vetoed this trade. If we don't do any better, there a lot of people who should eat crow. It takes two to trade and if that Cleveland trade was the best that was offered, what could he do? He could've done much, much worse than what Cleveland offered (looking at you Mets).

Archived