Brewer Fanatic

Kemp to ATL, Olivera to SD

I find it odd Atlanta would want Kemp.

The Braves are moving into a new stadium next year. The Braves are going to be going on a spending spree similar to what the Dbacks and Padres have done. Don't be surprised if this isn't the last deal the Braves do before the end of this season.

I was just reading in the MLB Trade Rumors article that SD may just DFA Olivera.

Probably won't DFA him until his criminal case is closed. If he goes to jail they can void the contract. Not sure it can be voided if they DFA him and he isn't on the team. Though honestly I don't know. It all may be voided regardless of where he plays.

Rosenthal now reporting this is t the case. He just wouldn't get paid while in jail. If he gets temporary ban from commish he would also not get paid then too obviously.

I find it odd Atlanta would want Kemp.

The Braves are moving into a new stadium next year. The Braves are going to be going on a spending spree similar to what the Dbacks and Padres have done. Don't be surprised if this isn't the last deal the Braves do before the end of this season.

I don't disagree with that but Kemp really doesn't put butts in the seats anymore nor is he that good anymore.

Matt Kemp instantly becomes ATL's best OF and it's not even close. Heck, Niewuenhuis was having a better season than anyone who played OF for ATL this year... and is younger than all but two of them.

Kemp has a .262 BA and .285 OBP. Ouch.

Archived