Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 5: endgame)

Community Moderator

My goal for a Lucroy trade is that in 4-6 years from now the Brewers have a perennial All-Star player in their lineup or rotation. The offer from the Mets seems to limit the odds of that possibility.

My vote in our recent Lucroy trade poll was for the Red Sox, and I still have this feeling that at some point in the next 48 hours Lucroy is going to end up in Boston. If it is Boston, I would predict Devers as the headliner.

Regarding the Indians, still believe they are having a dialogue with the Brewers no matter how many times we hear otherwise. Here is another good article on Indians prospects from 2080 Baseball, Four high-A Indians prospects that could be moving by the trade deadline.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member
Nimmo just doesn't make sense. He's MLB ready so where to do you play him? Assuming Braun stays in a corner OF then you're basically giving up on Santana, which makes no sense. Can't really move Santana (or Braun) to 1B unless you cut loose Carter who has been very solid for us.

TDA + Nimmo + anything is definitely better than the comp pick. Brewer comp picks since 2008 include: Jake Odorizzi, Even Frederickson, Kentrail Davis, Kyle Heckathorn, Mitch Haniger and Nathan Kirby. Would you rather spin a wheel and get just one of those guys more than the package the Mets reportedly have out there?

That said, I can't imagine that's the best offer out there at this time, but saying it'd be better to take the comp pick seems to be really overvaluing comp picks.

If TDA isn't healthy enough to make a difference with us, which I assume he won't be based on his history. Nimmo profiles as a fourth outfielder. Give me the comp. In a deal with any other team I take the package EASY.

Verified Member
Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 21s21 seconds ago Manhattan, NY

Lucky not starting for #brewers but told nothing is close right now with #Mets.

Bless you, Mystery Team.

In my best Aaron Rodgers voice, R - E - L - A - X.

If there are truly five or so bidders, and the only one with names in media is the Mets - and the package is far less than what people would normally expect - we can logically conclude this is a Mets leak. Perhaps they are leaking this to try to demonstrate to their fans they are working to try to improve the club, even if they can't swing a trade. They just don't match up well with Milwaukee.

I think Stearns is quietly going about this business professionally and he'll be traded somewhere other than the Mets. There are no other Milwaukee leaks and none of the Rangers, Cleveland, Boston, etc. I think he ends up in one of those places.

This flailing about in the media just looks bad for the Mets. So I suggest we relax and wait for the details or some legitimate leaks about a real trade.

If Flores or any other Met starts crying on the field tonight, I'll get concerned.

Archived