Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 5: endgame)

Seriously, we are the ones with the MLB sure fire asset here, hang on to him if that is the best offer. That is a package I would expect in the offseason in the middle of February right before pitchers and catchers report.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could see Stearns really liking both Cecchini and Nimmo because both of those guys could be high OBP players in the majors. But I don't know how much else they would bring to an MLB roster. I don't think Cecchini sticks at SS or Nimmo in CF. If they have to move is there enough pop in their bats to play a corner spot? Cecchini would have a chance to be a really good second baseman, but how highly would the Brewers value him with Arcia/Diaz as two of their best prospects? IMO neither Cecchini or Nimmo qualify as great athletes. That's the problem with dealing with the Mets. These guys are top five prospects in their organization but wouldn't be in most organizations. If these same players are in the Brewer's system they probably stack up ranked in the area of 8-10. Either would be an excellent player to get as a third piece in a Lucroy trade...but it's more than likely that either of them would be the best prospect the Brewers get out of the Mets. I sure hope it doesn't happen.

I despise the Mets more and more because they are leaking this information and probably makes it harder for DS deal with other teams if they know what the Mets have on the table.

Could just as easily be the Brewers leaking info trying to encourage other bids.

I don't see why the Brewers would leak a crappy bid. All that will do is encourage other crappy bids.

Using my best "William Wallace" voice.... New York Mets, I said I have an offer for you

To the Brewers

Amed Rosario

Dominic Smith

Gavin Cecchini

Thomas Szapucki

Noah Syndergaard

Yoenis Cespedes

$45 million to cover Cespedes bloated contract

To the Mets

Matt Garza

Willy Peralta

Aaron Hill

Martin Maldonado

Chase Anderson

Do this, and there might be redemption for your for your antics during the Carlos Gomez fiasco. Do it not, and may you be cursed for 100 years like the Chicago Cubs....

AND BACK TO REALITY :)

Any chance we do a complete 180 and find a way to sign Lucroy to a 3 year extension. Maybe 3 years/$60 million? I absolutely hate seeing Buster Olney say we must trade so and so player because they are approaching free agency. If we aren't going to get value, i agree with holding Lucroy atleast until the offseason and maybe even long term.

If we can't get a minimum two of of Rosario, Smith, and Cecchini, hang up on the Mets and tell them not to call back. They can enjoy the whooping the Cubs put on them in October

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

When you talk to people who know Nimmo, they love him. You hear about work ethic, etc - and they all say he has power potential. For some reason, Nimmo, to this point, has been a guy who launches balls in batting practice, then doesn't hit for power.

If the Brewers get Nimmo, I think he'll actually become a fan favorite, but nothing about this deal makes sense to me, based on the little that has been leaked about it.

If this report is right, who on Earth was the "significant piece" that was reportedly on the table the other day? This offer is a nightmare.

He could still exist. We may just be hearing a lot of Mets talk due to someone leaking so much info while other teams are tight lipped.

The media is NYC-centric and the Mets are leaking like crazy to their media stooges. One of the national guys, Jon Heyman from Fanrag, just claimed there are five teams in the chase, yet the media focus is on the Mets. Let's hope the Mets hype is just slanted because of their media manipulations. I really hope we don't deal with the Mets.

I'd keep Lucroy and extend him over a crap offer like that.

Here's Heyman's latest piece

http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/inside-baseball-with-jon-heyman/heyman-mets-upgrade-offer-lucroy-nimmo/

The Mets offer isn't better than just taking the draft pick. Including TDA is dangerous because there is a very good chance that when Brewer doctors look at him they'll refuse to sign off on him but by then its Tuesday and everything falls apart and Lucroy remains a Brewer.

I also wonder if teams are offering up catchers besides the Padres. You would think the As would offer up Voght, the DBacks Castillo, the Twins Suzuki and the Phillies Ruiz. None of them is Lucroy but some are decent (Voght and Castillo) and all are better options than Norris.

Verified Member
But I thought teams didn't sit players when they were in trade talks?!

No... they don't sit players unless a trade is likely or imminent. "Talks" have been going on for weeks.

As much as I know the media is New York centric and the Mets are using them to do their bidding...I can't help but be a bit disheartened by these offers. The market seemed to be shaping up that Lucroy was going to bring in multiple top 100 prospects as well as a couple lower-level risky but high-ceiling guys. But apparently an oft-injured catcher with only 3 years of control left (aka MAYBE would be around for one year of a contending Brewers team) and a guy that has fallen out of the top 100 is considered a competitive deal?

Earlier in the week it felt like an offer of D'Arnaud and Nimmo would be met with a laugh and a goodbye. Hopefully this is all just NY blowhards trying to mess with young DS and he turns around and grabs a big package from CLE, TEX, BOS, or the like.

I am not Shea Vucinich

TDA + Nimmo + anything is definitely better than the comp pick. Brewer comp picks since 2008 include: Jake Odorizzi, Even Frederickson, Kentrail Davis, Kyle Heckathorn, Mitch Haniger and Nathan Kirby. Would you rather spin a wheel and get just one of those guys more than the package the Mets reportedly have out there?

That said, I can't imagine that's the best offer out there at this time, but saying it'd be better to take the comp pick seems to be really overvaluing comp picks.

Archived