Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 5: endgame)

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't follow minor leagues and really don't know anything about prospects, but just using MLB.com's top-30 prospect list as a guide, that rumored counter-offer to the Mets that was posted above seems pretty darn nice.

Olney says Mets and Brewers engaged 4 min ago. This was an hour after he wrote how they won't get what they want for Lucroy based on market not shaping up. Even though everything that could have possibly gone their way has happened. (hurt catchers, bad hitting (mets), big markets going for it all (bos).

He's right

then I wait until 2pm on Monday to see if someone gets desperate and makes a good offer and just hope that the mets or whoever's is best right now is still on the table at the deadline.

Olney says Mets and Brewers engaged 4 min ago. This was an hour after he wrote how they won't get what they want for Lucroy based on market not shaping up. Even though everything that could have possibly gone their way has happened. (hurt catchers, bad hitting (mets), big markets going for it all (bos).

He's right

I don't think he is. I don't know what they were expecting to get back. From what we've heard there's been 7 or so teams in on him with counter offers made and if true, that last mets offer isn't bad at all.

Dissapointing

Ken Rosenthal---Sources: #Mets made three-player offer to #Brewers for Lucroy, headed by d’Arnaud. Second piece believed to be Nimmo or comparable player.

Very disappointing.

That said. We are two days from the deadline. Lots of back and forth an happen in that time.

I also very much get the feeling we are only seeing part of this. I bet the Mets rumors are getting out because they a re a big market team. Who knows what other teams may also be offering.

I despise the Mets more and more because they are leaking this information and probably makes it harder for DS deal with other teams if they know what the Mets have on the table.

Could just as easily be the Brewers leaking info trying to encourage other bids.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The catcher is decent but always injured and controllable for three more years only.

I don't get the love for Nimmo. His floor seems high but not his ceiling.

This doesn't seem like the kind of trade Stearns would make. Neither guy seems like they have impact potential.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Nimmo as a major prospect is kind of a joke. He's hitting .336 in Las Vegas - but it's the classic 'hitters paradise'. Eight guys with 100 plate appearances are hitting .290+ in that environment.

Last year Nimmo had a .722 OPS at AA. 2 HR in 269 ABs. I just don't want people fooled by 1/2 season of decent ball at a hitter's park.

Verified Member

Rosario might be off the table, fine, but I will be very disappointed if Stearns does not demand Smith at the very least, with several other players.

d'Arnaud is useless to us, and Nimmo is concerning. He was a top-100 prospect prior to 2015, but fell off the Baseball America list and was not ranked in the top 100 either before 2016 or in the recent midseason update. I don't see how Nimmo is a better option over the next 5 years than Domingo Santana (who he would presumably be replacing).

I would wait for the offseason if that's the best offer out there right now.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't understand why the Brewers would want d'Arnaud. I would just as soon keep Lucroy for the next 1.5 years than trade him for d'Arnaud (major downgrade at C) and Nimmo (flip a coin prospect).

Wow what garbage. A perpetually injured C, a fourth outfielder, and I assume someone other than Szapucki because "he's too valuable" (/s)

**** the Mets. I pray we're smart enough not to accept that ****. Nimmo's own mother doesn't love Nimmo.

If it is the Mets...

They can start with Conforto, Dom Smith, D'Arnaud (only because they insist on moving him), Cecchini and Szapucki for Lucroy and Smith. If they don't like it, fine. Brewers FO can leak that D'Arnaud failed a physical and has a degenerative back problem.

Someone else said it earlier, but Mets hate is growing exponentially by the day.

Archived