Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 5: endgame)

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hope the Rangers have fun with Norris. That catcher batting under the mendoza line will be quite an upgrade for them.

Why does every time a team doesn't want to sell the farm for one of our rentals people must resort to the "have fun with ___" line? The Rangers prefer pitching and want that instead. They may get a pitcher that has just a big of an impact. Not to mention Norris has been a fine catcher the past few years and still controllable 2 more years vs. 1 for Lucroy.

I bet they will have fun with Gallo when he is an All Star first baseman if he pans out too. Can play that game both ways.

For what it is worth reports are the Rangers interest in Norris is [expletive deleted] made up by the Padres.

Also reports/feelings are that the Mets are most motivated to get Lucroy.

Edit - Acronyms for swear words are still swear words. -And That

Hope the Rangers have fun with Norris. That catcher batting under the mendoza line will be quite an upgrade for them.

Why does every time a team doesn't want to sell the farm for one of our rentals people must resort to the "have fun with ___" line? The Rangers prefer pitching and want that instead. They may get a pitcher that has just a big of an impact. Not to mention Norris has been a fine catcher the past few years and still controllable 2 more years vs. 1 for Lucroy.

I bet they will have fun with Gallo when he is an All Star first baseman if he pans out too. Can play that game both ways.

Why does ribbing on opposing teams bother you so much? Obviously we all understand the business decisions that go into these things. I just don't see Norris as much of an upgrade from, well, anybody.

@Evan_P_Grant

Relatively certain Rangers are not actively pursuing Norris. My sense: Padres trying to drum up a more vigorous market.

Because Norris isn't much of an upgrade from Chririnos/Wilson.

Now if they are trading for a lesser upgrade compared to our asset for less then sure that would make a lot of sense. But I don't know if one exists atm

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I really appreciate it when people link to sources or quote them or something.

Saying 'the internets are reporting xyz' doesn't really help anyone. It's just makes it harder to find actual relevant information on the subject.

I highly doubt that anything gets done with either Texas. Their MO is to stockpile prospect depth. Have to think the GM there is gun-shy about making a deal that will look bad on his record in 5 years.

Is that why they are trying to get a big time pitcher? They reportedly offed a ton for Sale. I'm sure they have offed a lot for lesser starters too.

I highly doubt that anything gets done with either Texas. Their MO is to stockpile prospect depth. Have to think the GM there is gun-shy about making a deal that will look bad on his record in 5 years.

True, but the "blockbuster" mentioned would include 1.5 years of Lucroy, 5.5 years of Guerra, and around 3 years of a reliever. None of the pieces are rentals, and any could be flipped for prospects at a later date if needed.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Twitter this morning saying Rangers Mets Indians out on Lucroy. Maybe Sterns should focus on trading those relievers.

Where? Where are these reports?

If you don't have exact sources. Then don't post it. Plain and simple.

Is that why they are trying to get a big time pitcher? They reportedly offed a ton for Sale. I'm sure they have offed a lot for lesser starters too.

Not buying the Sale talk. I'm guessing that this will play out just like 2012 when they got Dempster as opposed to Greinke . No skin off my nose, though I wish the Brewers would stop wasting their time with them.

The Mets really do have the prospects to get a Lucroy deal done. As long as Rosario heads the list with Rosario and Szapucki and maybe 2 A guys..... I'm in. Throw in D'Arnaud to make the Mets feel good and call it a day.

I'd stick with both SS-Amed Rosario and 1B-Dominic Smith (plus more) as being essential to a Lucroy trade. Take those two off the board, and there just isn't enough quality depth in their system to get a deal done.

Actually Rosario, Smith and Szapucki would get me to pull the trigger on the Brewers side. Personally, I really like Rosario's k/BB ratio as well as his body frame. 6'2 190 at 20 y.o. could have him as a pretty big guy by 25. Actually see him more as a 3rd baseman.

Hardly a reputable source or anything, but something to chew over:

Mets Nation@Mets74734525

Brewers made a counter offer. The offer included the Mets giving up d'Arnaud, Nimmo, Cecchini, Herrera and Szapucki

You mean the same guy that claimed we liked their offer and we were going to accept it 14 hours ago?

Buster Olney‏ @Buster_ESPN

The Brewers continue to be engaged with the Mets in talks for catcher Jonathan Lucroy, who fits NYM in this way: $4m salar

Mets still in on Jay Bruce too according to Jerry Crasnick. Which may affect their Lucroy prayer if a deal happens there. Though it sounds like they may prefer a bigger splash in Lucroy.

Olney says Mets and Brewers engaged 4 min ago. This was an hour after he wrote how they won't get what they want for Lucroy based on market not shaping up. Even though everything that could have possibly gone their way has happened. (hurt catchers, bad hitting (mets), big markets going for it all (bos).

Olney says Mets and Brewers engaged 4 min ago. This was an hour after he wrote how they won't get what they want for Lucroy based on market not shaping up. Even though everything that could have possibly gone their way has happened. (hurt catchers, bad hitting (mets), big markets going for it all (bos).

Wasn't he the same guy who sensed someone might overpay for Lucroy a few days ago? To be fair didn't he say they may not get what they want?

He's right

Archived