Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 5: endgame)

Gallo was a top 10 proapect by almost every publication to start the year. He is still top 15 and many are sayung he is Branyan, Carter, Mark Reynolds or Khris Davis? . Seems like this board vastly umderrates Gallo or this boards knows a lot more than scouts.

Or lots of people don't realize that becoming Branyan, Carter, Reynolds, or Davis is actually a good outcome for a prospect.

Very few top 25 hitting prospects fully bust (top 25 pitching prospects on the other hand...) but many don't even become regulars.

Here is a prospect valuation chart that shows the success rate of Top 100 prospects. Once you get past the Top 50, 2 out of 5 are full busts.

http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/mlb-prospect-surplus-values-2016-updated-edition/

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love to package Lucroy, Guerra and a reliever to Texas for a monster package, I'd discount them on the number of prospects, but in return get 5 quality studs, Gallo/brinson/Ortiz/Mendez/lotto

I know it's their top 4 prospects, but it fills every hole they have with studs

Luc, Guerra, and Jeffers

for

Gallo, Mendez, Tate, Guzman, Jurado, Deleon and Nicholas.

Pitchers....Mendez, Tate and Jurado young tall and producing, two not named Tate at AA

1B Guzman power and average at AA

3B Gallo Ready to play at MLB level

SS Deleon I just like him, holding his own at A+

C Nicholas old AAAA fill in with Maldy for a year or two, not a bad hitter.

That is a very intriguing package Southpaw. I think, if offered, DS should jump at that. I like Gallo, I do understand people's hesitation, and I think he will get better. He has been dropping his K rate this year. If he gets it down to 20%, I don't know if he can, he will be very impressive.

Rangers: Gallo is fine and would be a nice fit in our park and rebuild but I would also want my choice of pitcher if I am the Brewers. Hedge with Gallo but get our favorite arm in the system too.

Mets: Again, Rosario and then my choice of any pitcher in the system and we are almost there

Indians: start with McKenzie and give me one of the top hitting prospects

Gallo behind Braun would be the closest thing to the Braun/Fielder days. Sign me up!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm just going to say...if we stuck Gallo at 3B so we could have a Gallo/Carter combo that would be popcorn worthy. I'd never do it on a competing team due to all the Ks, but man it would be fun to watch.

I'm just going to say...if we stuck Gallo at 3B so we could have a Gallo/Carter combo that would be popcorn worthy. I'd never do it on a competing team due to all the Ks, but man it would be fun to watch.

Forgot about Carter!

Villar, Arcia, Braun, Gallo, Carter

Sounds like runs to me!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

. He is still top 15 and many are sayung he is Branyan, Carter, Mark Reynolds or Khris Davis? . Seems like this board vastly umderrates Gallo or this boards knows a lot more than scouts.

Branyan was a top 30 prospect himself (29 in 1999 and 26 in 1998). That's not far off from Gallo's ranking. And until Gallo actually does something at the Major League level (.192/.287/.408 through 120 at bats while striking out over half the time) I'd hold off on just assuming he's going to be a quality major leaguer. Obviously he is still young and has a ton of upside but he's certainly far from a sure thing.

Yeah I was just going to post that. It's not out of the question that all of that could be true, I have no doubt that Luc would be gone if we had a great off on the table, but the tone was really annoying.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I understand the trepidation on trading for Gallo, but if he clicks he could sure fill an area of need and be a cornerstone for years. We could have a fun offense next year assuming Braun and Carter would still be around. Of course, you could say the same thing with Zimmer/Frazier in CF. I'm getting anxious for this trade to happen :-)

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

This article just bugs me and I can't quite put my finger on why. It seems like he is throwing out to those execs, "Hey the Brewers have to trade him, so don't try too hard." I really despise Olney.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/buster-olney/insider/post?id=13730

Buster Olney is so full of **** it's ridiculous. The fact that he's saying this means we'll get at great package for Lucroy. Seriously this is the guy that praises the Cubs for their roster construction yet wants to end teams "tanking" or in other words rebuilding. The guy is a moron just look at what he wants to do to change baseball. ESPN is a joke for baseball coverage outside of Ravech and Kurkjian. I find it unbelievable people still hang onto this "insiders" word. He's a hypocritical, spineless, pandering ****. When's the last time he broke a story before Rosenthal... I'll wait.

Twitter this morning saying Rangers Mets Indians out on Lucroy. Maybe Sterns should focus on trading those relievers.

Then you can bet the farm that one of those 3 is where he goes... I believe nothing I read until the deal is official, and now that you posted that, at least I know it is narrowed down to 3 places he will land.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I've been wondering all month if there is enough interest in lucroy, sure doesn't seem high at the moment

what?

seriously?

:ohwell

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Twitter this morning saying Rangers Mets Indians out on Lucroy. Maybe Sterns should focus on trading those relievers.

Or maybe there are just one or two teams still involved offering more than those teams are willing/able to. At some point every team has be out except one.

Or...this is all just posturing in the media, guys on twitter posting "news" without real sources, etc., and once a trade happens we'll actually know what's up. More likely this.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Archived