Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 5: endgame)

LOL I love this board...you guys rave about how great of a trading chip Lucroy is...but then basically devalue him by saying you want "lottery tickets" for him. He either has All star value, or he doesn't?? You can't have it both ways..getting 3-4 "lottery" tickets is NOT appropriate value for someone you think has tremendous value.

You can get top prospects for Lucroy. You're asking for a 21 year old already performing in the majors. A team isn't going to give up significant pieces from their major league roster as it defeats the purpose of trading for Lucroy in the first place.

To flip this around, if you were an Indians fan, it would be like you demanding Braun in return for Sabathia in 2008.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL I love this board...you guys rave about how great of a trading chip Lucroy is...but then basically devalue him by saying you want "lottery tickets" for him. He either has All star value, or he doesn't?? You can't have it both ways..getting 3-4 "lottery" tickets is NOT appropriate value for someone you think has tremendous value.

I too would like to trade my Camry for a Bugatti. But the real world doesn't work that way, does it?

I too would like to trade my Camry for a Bugatti. But the real world doesn't work that way, does it?

So...if someone offered you a $50 bill for your $10,000 that you weren't going to have in another 2 years anyway..you'd take the $50 bill because it's better than nothing, and you weren't going to have that $10,000 two years from now anyway?? That's some logic.

The Rangers are willing to put both Profar and Gallo into a deal for Chris Sale, but not Mazara.

If you're waiting for them to offer Mazara to get Lucroy, I have this feeling you won't get much sleep.

I'll sleep quite well. I'm a fan, not a GM. If the Brewers trade with the Rangers for less - I'm a Brewers fan - I'll

learn to deal with it and hope for the best.

MLBTraderumors.com reporting that the Rangers and Brewers may do a blockbuster: 10:54pm: The Rangers could view a strike for Lucroy as a way to improve their pitching, given his highly-regarded work behind the plate, per Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News. With Texas finding high asking prices on the pitching market, the report suggests, the club could make a move for a group of Milwaukee pieces that might include Lucroy, a quality reliever, and possibly even a starter.

I like the Rangers system so this is music to my ears. I also have first hand knowledge that the Brewers have scouted the snot out of the Rangers system.

MLBTraderumors.com reporting that the Rangers and Brewers may do a blockbuster: 10:54pm: The Rangers could view a strike for Lucroy as a way to improve their pitching, given his highly-regarded work behind the plate, per Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News. With Texas finding high asking prices on the pitching market, the report suggests, the club could make a move for a group of Milwaukee pieces that might include Lucroy, a quality reliever, and possibly even a starter.

I like the Rangers system so this is music to my ears. I also have first hand knowledge that the Brewers have scouted the snot out of the Rangers system.

It starts with Profar and Gallo...not either or...BOTH, and that's the starting point for multiple Brewer pieces.

‏@Ken_Rosenthal

If #Rangers add catcher, it probably won’t be #Brewers’ Lucroy. But, per sources, it could be #Padres’ Norris. Have spoken to both clubs.

Not surprised feel like Brewers demands have stayed the same since February and Texas has never budged. Have fun adding Norris though what a marginal upgrade.

Profar & Gallo.

Neither are sure things, although Profar is playing well this year. Profar becomes a free agent in 2020. So the Crew would have him for 2-2.5 years. Gallo seems like a long shot to be anything more than Mark Reynolds

Neither strike me as Stearns type guys. Gallo seems like a Doug Melvin type prospect. He has power. Profar seems like a Stearns type except that he isn't controllable for much longer. He is arbitration eligible next year.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Lucroy is not a Camry. Minor Leaguers or MLB players with half a season of quality play are not Bugattis.

Boomer, the Dodgers, Yankees, Indians and Blue Jays were there for sure, I don't know about other teams, and I don't know if that was all about Brewer players, or if some were watching Pirates too.

It's going to be a very interesting weekend.

Junior has been under the radar as a trade chip but he is at the point where it would make a ton is sense to sell high on him.

Gallo in Miler Park will hit 40 Hrs but it is troubling that he is k'ing at a 40%+ rate in 130 PA in MLB. Only 22. Could be a guy it takes until 24-26 to really click but when he does....my lord. He can be a home run for us. Like Gomez, some guys just take awhile to figure it out. To me, you always take a chance on the star potential. Gallo and Brinson are two guys who could be elite players if they figure it out. Profar doesn't have the service time. He is a guy you would flip in future before we are competitive again. Mazara we won't touch. He is too young producing in a big way for them! Gallo and Brinson are still guys who haven't shown to help them at all now. Gallo has been blocked, up and down and hasnt gotten the abs he needs to settle in.

Give Rangers Luc, Smith, Guerra and clean up their system in that blockbuster! Get Gallo, Brinson, Tate, and some more high talent arms not named Ortiz who will eat his way out of a career....Ortiz will be our Perry with higher ceiling....same weight problem.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

It would be great if you could name these "can't miss" players that you think are attainable that will still be under team control (sans extension) when the team is competitive again.

Gruber Lawffices

Lucroy is not a Camry. Minor Leaguers or MLB players with half a season of quality play are not Bugattis.

No, but what he's asking for are "can't miss" guys. Not even Lucroy can bring in someone like say, Urias.

So...if someone offered you a $50 bill for your $10,000 that you weren't going to have in another 2 years anyway..you'd take the $50 bill because it's better than nothing, and you weren't going to have that $10,000 two years from now anyway?? That's some logic.

More like an investment. It may work out, it may not. But no person in their right minds would just hand you a guaranteed $30,000 for your $10,000. You either take the risk, a short-term (and short-sighted) splurge, or a guaranteed $5,000.

Going back to baseball terms, there's no way you can get guaranteed and established superstars for Lucroy. Why in the world would teams hand over someone who excelled in the majors, is young, and has long-term team control? Typically buying teams will give up someone that does not fit their needs at the moment: either mediocre guys or prospects that won't help them until later. There's no point in getting mediocre guys so the Brewers should look at prospects. The thing about prospects is that even when they're deemed "can't miss" guys, as long as they haven't had a taste of the majors they're not guarantees. Not to mention baseball is a sport- any guy can be injured at any given time. Your expectations don't make much sense.

Gallo was a top 10 proapect by almost every publication to start the year. He is still top 15 and many are sayung he is Branyan, Carter, Mark Reynolds or Khris Davis? . Seems like this board vastly umderrates Gallo or this boards knows a lot more than scouts.

...or they don't like the profile of a dude who is going to strike 1/3 of the time.

Which could just as well be Chris davis (or better) who has struck out that much but had a couple years where he was a top 10 hitter in baseball. I grt he has one big issue but what prospect doesnt? He can play the field and has the best power in all of minor league baseball. If we can get him plus some arms with upside sign me up

I'd love to package Lucroy, Guerra and a reliever to Texas for a monster package, I'd discount them on the number of prospects, but in return get 5 quality studs, Gallo/brinson/Ortiz/Mendez/lotto

I know it's their top 4 prospects, but it fills every hole they have with studs

Archived