Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 5: endgame)

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now they have to slowly unwrap the bubble wrap off of Lucroy for the night and put his wife in quarantine

You realized he punched a wall, right?

After she dropped the suitcase on his hand? Or before?

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Now they have to slowly unwrap the bubble wrap off of Lucroy for the night and put his wife in quarantine

You realized he punched a wall, right?

After she dropped the suitcase on his hand? Or before?

Instead of dropping the suitcase.

I've been wondering this. During the game I was thinking that maybe Lucroy was holding off on oking the deal until the end of the game so he could have one last game with his teamates. (not likely but dang if I can't get this trade out of my head)

I've also kind of thought that Lucroy might be trying to use his no trade to get the trading team to waive their ability to offer him arbitration after next season. Maybe Cle wouldn't do that and he rejected.

Although the most likely option is that there never was a deal worked out and talks are still ongoing. Would like to get this out of the way so Stearns can spend the next day and a half working on trading some of the Brewers other assets. Lucroy has to get traded so I would hope almost all of steans time should be spent on trading him. Once that is out of the way he can move on to Guerra or the relievers or Carter or Scooter or Braun or Nelson or Gar...hahaha..za.

When the Brewers trotted out the whole bullpen in the game tonight, I figured the deal was not yet in place. That may not be accurate, but most of the rumors tie a bullpen arm into a Lucroy trade, and Counsell ran four of them out there without hesitation.

If the deal is done, and if a reliever is in it, why rest Lucroy, but then use the pitcher?

I believe no trade is in place yet, but I obviously think it's close.

Archived