Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 5: endgame)

Honestly I prefer a deal to the Indians that includes Mejia. Unless the Mets really increase their offer I hate it...a lot. Of course this mystery team still has some life.

Do you want Frazier, Rosario, Albies or perhaps David Dahl as your centerpiece? Hows that for a "mystery team"?

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly I prefer a deal to the Indians that includes Mejia. Unless the Mets really increase their offer I hate it...a lot. Of course this mystery team still has some life.

Do you want Frazier, Rosario, Albies or perhaps David Dahl as your centerpiece? Hows that for a "mystery team"?

I'd want Frazier because I think he is the best of them and I want Mejia so I guess I'd want the Indians center piece for that reason. Unfortunately I don't think he is on the table.

I feel like a non contending team(Rockies) would be really surprising...I guess you never know though.

Disappointed nothing done with Guerra, Carter, Smith, Jeffreys

, etc in the meantime. This forum is for Lucroy, I know, but where are a few more Top 100 guys in other trades!?!

I think things are about go crazy. At least three trades by deadline. Fair chance for more. Stearns has elite patience but also elite organization with a detail oriented approach. He is ready to take advantage of this rare market.

, etc in the meantime. This forum is for Lucroy, I know, but where are a few more Top 100 guys in other trades!?!

Those are all guys whose markets will heat up tomorrow into Monday.

I'd want Frazier because I think he is the best of them and I want Mejia so I guess I'd want the Indians center piece for that reason. Unfortunately I don't think he is on the table.

I feel like a non contending team(Rockies) would be really surprising...I guess you never know though.

Rockies are one game under .500, have horrible catching production, Lucroy is cheap, and they can flip him in the offseason if they dont want to resign him, and can regain some of the prospects lost if they moved for him.

Think about it, Rockies could make a monster offer better than even Cleveland perhaps.

This mystery team stuff confuses me a little. Presumably the source would come from the brewers organization because otherwise how would they know which other teams are in or that certain teams are still in but theres also another that they dont know about. So if its from the brewers, how would they know some teams but not others? I can just imagine the war room:

Guy: well david, mets have offered x and the indians y. Which should we take?

Ds: theres also this third offer we have.

Guy: which team and who are they offering.

Ds: i met them at niagra falls, you wouldnt know them, but their offer is solid.

Guy to reporter: so its the mets, indians, and a mystery team that david wont tell us about.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Verified Member
This mystery team stuff confuses me a little. Presumably the source would come from the brewers organization because otherwise how would they know which other teams are in or that certain teams are still in but theres also another that they dont know about. So if its from the brewers, how would they know some teams but not others? I can just imagine the war room:

Guy: well david, mets have offered x and the indians y. Which should we take?

Ds: theres also this third offer we have.

Guy: which team and who are they offering.

Ds: i met them at niagra falls, you wouldnt know them, but their offer is solid.

Guy to reporter: so its the mets, indians, and a mystery team that david wont tell us about.

It could also be, say, a Mets source who has been in discussion with the Brewers and the latter is saying other teams are in play. In fact, it very like is not a Brewers source, because otherwise he/she could give all the team names.

Id guess awaiting what Lucroy brings. Theres another day yet. Say Bobby Bradley was included in Indians trade. Giants and Chris Shaw become same type of 1b prospect get.

It could also be, say, a Mets source who has been in discussion with the Brewers and the latter is saying other teams are in play. In fact, it very like is not a Brewers source, because otherwise he/she could give all the team names.

Could, but i would assume it would be an all or none then. Like, hey mets, your offer stinks weve got better from a couple other teams. Or hey mets, your offer stinks. Weve got better offers from the indians and [insert mystery team name]. Instead of, hey mets, your offer stinks. Weve got better offers from the indians and another team.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Verified Member

Could, but i would assume it would be an all or none then. Like, hey mets, your offer stinks weve got better from a couple other teams. Or hey mets, your offer stinks. Weve got better offers from the indians and [insert mystery team name]. Instead of, hey mets, your offer stinks. Weve got better offers from the indians and another team.

There could be triangulating going on though. Mets source knows there are 3 teams involved, reporter gets confirmation from Mets source and Indians source, third team remains a mystery.

Id guess awaiting what Lucroy brings. Theres another day yet. Say Bobby Bradley was included in Indians trade. Giants and Chris Shaw become same type of 1b prospect get.

Yea domino's have to fall, I get it. Brewers are in a truly unique position to have 6 or 7 guys "worth" a top prospect, and I'm just nervous, anxious, freaking out that we'll be at least somewhat disappointed come Monday.

I cant shake the Rockies thought I recently had....

Lets say they are the mystery team...They are loaded with big time pitching prospects, as well as a couple of nice offensive ones. And they offered Dahl, McMahon and Marquez.

They are 4 games out of the WC and Lucroy gets them there, or they fall just a bit short. They still have a young roster, and then in the offseason ship both Lucroy and Cargo off to contenders, and get one big name back (at least) for each of them.

Wouldnt make what they could give up for Lucroy look all that bad then.

Can people keep an eye out for Lucroy at the victory celebration on the field tonight?

Trying to, if Jeffress can ever get around to getting a third out here.

No kidding, don't believe in jinxes, but that was bad timing.

Archived