Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 5: endgame)

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Makes zero sense to settle now. Just keep him, two more chances to trade Lucroy over winter and next year at deadline. Sterns could get TDA and Nimmo (or similar caliber offer) next year. Why now? Earn some respect from these other GMs and just hang on to him for now, don't cave.

Hopefully the Brewers remember that nothing precludes them from trying to extend Lucroy if they are lowballed. They have tons of flexibility with the payroll moving forward. It's not like he is 37 or something either. I would hope that the Brewers are competitive again before he's past his prime.

Nimmo doesn't do anything for me. TDA is an injury prone stopgap without youth or long control.

I want young upside, including a pitcher.

I want nothing to do with the Mets. If it were Rosario and Sypacki plus something else, we'd be on the right track. Short of that, pound sand. Keep Lucroy, I'm serious as can be.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'm betting the Red Sox. They want to win, they have the prospects to deal.

I can't believe how horrible the Mets are about making deals. Look at last year's Gomez trade (that didn't happen). Guys crying on the field, leaks left and right.

Did anyone have an inkling about the Red Sox trade for Pomeranz? Not a clue. So you CAN keep things quiet if you want. Just makes them look silly in the long run.

Hopefully the Brewers remember that nothing precludes them from trying to extend Lucroy if they are lowballed. They have tons of flexibility with the payroll moving forward. It's not like he is 37 or something either. I would hope that the Brewers are competitive again before he's past his prime.

Lucroy probably has only 2-3 years of his prime left. Catchers do not perform well after 30. The go down hill rapidly.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I'm betting the Red Sox. They want to win, they have the prospects to deal.

I can't believe how horrible the Mets are about making deals. Look at last year's Gomez trade (that didn't happen). Guys crying on the field, leaks left and right.

Did anyone have an inkling about the Red Sox trade for Pomeranz? Not a clue. So you CAN keep things quiet if you want. Just makes them look silly in the long run.

Agreed. The Mets are really a low class organization starting with the Wilpons

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Craig Counsell has just confirmed that DS is progressing on Lucroy trade per Adam McCalvey

David Stearns "progressing" on a Lucroy trade, per Craig Counsell. Nothing final yet. Brewers playing it safe by keeping Lucroy out.

Nimmo doesn't do anything for me. TDA is an injury prone stopgap without youth or long control.

I want young upside, including a pitcher.

I want nothing to do with the Mets. If it were Rosario and Sypacki plus something else, we'd be on the right track. Short of that, pound sand. Keep Lucroy, I'm serious as can be.

Agreed. TdA and Nimmo are throw ins on a trade of Lucs caliber.

And to not pick up impact pitching would be criminal.

It hasn't happened yet..........

Has Stearns ever gotten wasted with any of these other GMs? We need Melvin who has relationships to step in.

Lol. I know you're trying to add levity and I appreciate it.

Look what Melvin got for Gomez and Fiers. To come away with TdA and Nimmo? No. No way is this happening.

He really did get nothing for KRod, Davis, and if you're being honest about Segura this season, he sold very low on him. Relievers and power hitters and going for a ton and he didn't get anything of value.

Once again, you're proving to know nothing about baseball because this is so unbelievably wrong. :laughing

I will choose the best player over the package 9 out of 10 times.

However, I'd prefer the package over Gallo.

Allard would be my number 1 target.

Zimmer in centerfield next year makes a lot of sense if we get an upside pitcher with him.

I think we could get the value NYM are offering this winter, so I'd rather hold on to him than make that deal.

Kopech > Devers mainly because I want upside pitching.

The Dodgers have some really nice pieces (Holmes, Bellinger, Verdugo)

So does Pit (Meadows, Keller, Hayes, Mcguire)

Archived