Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 4)

Side note. Is there a reason Hudricourt has to be so condescending when responding to tweets? That dude is such a jerk sometimes.

Ever read the responses most guys like him get on twitter? I dont blame him, that place is a cesspool. I just use it to follow news and sports and I never tweet.

He is not that way with my tweets so i dont see him that way

Yeah never have problem with him. Respect matches respect & disrespect matches disrespect. If you tweet of chat with him in a nice respectful way, most often he will respond back in the same manner. Hard to hate on him, he has the job most of us on here would love to have. Being the inside guy to the Brewers....nice gig & he has held if for awhile now. Personally though, I prefer Adam over Tom.

As for the trade.... at this point, if the competition has heated up with as many teams that are rumored....I don't foresee the hull being disappointing. At worst I am guessing we get a guy in the other teams Top 2-3 range guy, another in the 6-8 range with at least one younger wildcard. This is him alone mind you.

If Boston is team I'd want

Devers or Kopech

Then for sure

Roniel Raudes

If you can get more out of them great but if you can land Devers or Kopech and mix in Raudes who is going to be a big time prospect in next few seasons.... I like it a lot.

Lucroy for Kopech, Chavis, Raudes = me very happy

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I hope the trade is with the Mets and Wilmer Flores is part of the deal and he gets called off the field and cries because today is the one year anniversary of that happening.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Side note. Is there a reason Hudricourt has to be so condescending when responding to tweets? That dude is such a jerk sometimes.

Ever read the responses most guys like him get on twitter? I dont blame him, that place is a cesspool. I just use it to follow news and sports and I never tweet.

Or is he 100% that way every time, you just don't see it that way, Eugene?

Are agents really all that involved during trade talks? I wouldn't think rumors coming out now are generated by agents. FA signings sure; but I doubt front offices are really keeping agents of guys they are trading in the loop.

No, there is no point for them to be outside of no trade clauses. Which there is typically no talk of until a deal is in place. I hear people say the Indians thing probably doesn't matter because the Brewers have already talked about it with Lucroy's agent. That is actually very unlikely.

Or is he 100% that way every time, you just don't see it that way, Eugene?

every has their own opinions so that fine

That's because most sources alot of the time are agents... they want the biggest bang for the buck so they are more likely to leak info to national guys.

Agents do this, yes - if you talk to them they say things like, "Jon Heyman called me", or, "I heard from Buster Olney on that."

Scouts are another great source of information, especially if there is something going on with a guy they originally signed, or if a trade could somehow raise their standing within the industry.

In both cases, the success of the scout or the agent is directly tied to the success of the player - and they understand the power of TV and social media.

Are agents really all that involved during trade talks? I wouldn't think rumors coming out now are generated by agents. FA signings sure; but I doubt front offices are really keeping agents of guys they are trading in the loop.

There's a ton of cross-pollination in baseball circles. Agents know the front office, the front office knows the scouts, the scouts know the agents. The agents are the most likely to blab because their jobs aren't on the line if they get caught. I'm sure the average agent has a contact list full of pro scouts. Everyone talks.

It's asinine that he is starting this game tonight. Can you imagine if he gets hurt? I just don't see the reason he is starting given the current situation. It doesn't matter if we win or lose, so why take the chance? A total head scratcher...
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It's asinine that he is starting this game tonight. Can you imagine if he gets hurt? I just don't see the reason he is starting given the current situation. It doesn't matter if we win or lose, so why take the chance? A total head scratcher...

We just are not a smart team top to bottom. We just do things like this constantly on the field and off.

I'm hoping the Luc trade is that game changer we as fans all need.

Because if he doesn't start, teams will think that he is "hurt".

Verified Member

You can't just sit him the entire month of July. Teams are still just talking. If there was a handshake on a deal he would be pulled.

Because if he doesn't start, teams will think that he is "hurt".

No they wouldn't they would think that he is going to be traded in the next 3 days. It would be different if a win meant something, but him playing this weekend is just a giant risk...If he were to get a concussion this weekend, that would just kill us.

Like I said earlier, sitting him will make teams think that he is hurt. Also, it's telling teams that we are weak. That we want something for Lucroy so bad, that we are willing to pull him for a whole weekend series so he doesn't get hurt. So give us any offer and we will take it.

Instead, play him like he's a Brewer forever. And send the message that if you don't pay up........he stays.

You can't just sit him the entire month of July. Teams are still just talking. If there was a handshake on a deal he would be pulled

This is a strawman. Nobody has suggested we sit him the entire month of July. But we're talking three days before the deadline. If he gets hurt you miss out on a potentially franchise changing trade. There is zero reason to risk it right now. But if you insist on playing him why not play him at first base at least?

You can't just sit him the entire month of July. Teams are still just talking. If there was a handshake on a deal he would be pulled.

I'm not saying he should sit the entire month of July, but there is probably a 99% chance he is dealt this weekend, sitting him 2 or 3 games is only the smart thing to do just in case...If sitting him is not an option, and it should be, then at least play him at 1B. I don't want to see him on the field at all, but at least 1B has less chance of an injury. The catching position is volatile, and we just can't afford a freak injury in the next couple of days...

You can't just sit him the entire month of July. Teams are still just talking. If there was a handshake on a deal he would be pulled

This is a strawman. Nobody has suggested we sit him the entire month of July. But we're talking three days before the deadline. If he gets hurt you miss out on a potentially franchise changing trade. There is zero reason to risk it right now. But if you insist on playing him why not play him at first base at least?

Yep. There is zero logical reason for him to catch this weekend. None.

Like I said earlier, sitting him will make teams think that he is hurt. Also, it's telling teams that we are weak. That we want something for Lucroy so bad, that we are willing to pull him for a whole weekend series so he doesn't get hurt. So give us any offer and we will take it.

Instead, play him like he's a Brewer. And send the message that and if you don't pay up........he stays.

I find this post unreasonable. No team is going to think he is hurt 3 days before the trade deadline when everyone knows he is on the block. If anything, teams will think we are making the smart move, protecting a player that they are interested in. How does that make us seem weak in any way?

Will you feel the same way, play him like he is a Brewer, when he gets an injury that knocks him out for 4 or 6 weeks? The risk is just too great.

As I said in the game thread. Lucroy can play, either as a pinch hitter or 1st baseman at most but I'd still prefer he sit. Playing him at catcher is playing with fire. A foul ball off the mask, a foul ball off the toe and he's not getting traded. That would be so incredibly disappointing and the Brewers would deserve a ton of criticism if it happened. It's a high risk for absolutely no reward situation.

Like I said, the Padres just sat Upton for a couple games while they were working out a trade to make sure he didn't pull a hamstring or sprain an ankle derailing a potential deal. That's all we're asking the Brewers do to right now and it's not unreasonable at all.

Verified Member

Ok, then why was there >0% reason to risk him starting last week or the week before? We've all known Lucroy would be on the trading block since before the season started, literally nothing has changed.

Archived