Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 4)

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right now, I'm most excited with a return from Cleveland or Texas.

Packaging Lucroy w/ a reliever (based on the talent that teams are giving up for relievers up to this point), how far off-base are these proposals?

Cleveland:

Zimmer/Frazier

Bradley

McKenzie

Hillman

Low Ball Lotto Ticket

Texas:

Gallo

Brinson

Tate/Jurado

Low Ball Lotto Ticket

Fair value in this trade market or complete pipe dreams?

Easily a complete pipe dream, those massive offers go for Chris sale, not lucroy

Lucroy in tonight's lineup

That could be a HUGE mistake... Pretty risky at this stage of the game. That is scary.

No kidding... We're not playing for anything besides 4th place this year.

Side note. Is there a reason Hudricourt has to be so condescending when responding to tweets? That dude is such a jerk sometimes.

Ever read the responses most guys like him get on twitter? I dont blame him, that place is a cesspool. I just use it to follow news and sports and I never tweet.

I understand why people don't want Lucroy in the lineup but unless you're about to agree there's no reason to not play him. He's getting paid to play and he's in the lineup UNTIL a deal is agreed up (even if some loose ends need to be tightened). Otherwise, by that logic, he shouldn't have been in the lineup the past month.

Side note. Is there a reason Hudricourt has to be so condescending when responding to tweets? That dude is such a jerk sometimes.

Ever read the responses most guys like him get on twitter? I dont blame him, that place is a cesspool. I just use it to follow news and sports and I never tweet.

He has been a condescending, self-impressed, lazy jerk for as long as I can remember, which goes back way before Twitter existed.

On topic-ish, does playing Luc help the "we hold all the cards, we don't have to trade him" narrative?

He has been a condescending, self-impressed, lazy jerk for as long as I can remember, which goes back way before Twitter existed.

On topic-ish, does playing Luc help the "we hold all the cards, we don't have to trade him" narrative?

That is pretty much it. Don't sit him until you're ready to pull the trigger on a deal.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

He is not that way with my tweets so i dont see him that way

Love the guy who called him out for not knowing information about the Brewers when he is a local guy. Haudricourt sucks for rumors and information in general.

I love looking at the value of the veterans being traded and trying to determine the prospects coming back in trades like this.

Amazing thing about this sort of transaction is the perceived value on both ends. I calculated today that Chris Sale's surplus value isnt too much horribly higher than Lucroy's is.

I figure Lucroy is at about $37 million, but Sale is $52 million. Which is just one more nice prospect that the White Sox could expect back in a trade compared with Lucroy.

Now Sale is worthy of one of those top 10 guys. I dont think the Rangers can pull it off, but if the Red Sox really wanted him they could offer Beinintendi, Kopech and Chavis and they would have another ace level starter on their hands. the Sox desire for 5 elite prospects in return would be way too much.

Look at almost all of the trades so far. It's been for pitching. Most contenders simply go after pitching more than position players.

Besides that, Sale has a crazy good team friendly contract through 2019. If he is truly being shopped, his value would be vastly higher than Lucroy and rightfully so.

Archived