Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 4)

Ahmed Rosario has a similar profile as Orlando Arcia but with a worst hit tool. TDA is replacement level and Dominic Smith is James Loney, Pt.2.

NO THANK YOU! (click)

I think Rosario is on par with Arcia but the rest you are right. TdA is just a throw in to have a catcher and Dom Smith isnt much of a power hitter at all. I cant possibly imagine that is the best deal we can get for Luc with what is being thrown out there in this incredible sellers market.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ahmed Rosario has a similar profile as Orlando Arcia but with a worst hit tool. TDA is replacement level and Dominic Smith is James Loney, Pt.2.

NO THANK YOU! (click)

I think you are selling Rosario short at the expense of perhaps over evaluating Arcia. Rosario is currently BA's #18 mid season prospect and Arcia #14. Arcia is "slipping" a bit with the bat, while Rosario is breaking out.

the big difference between the two is that Arcia has a bit more range, can make the flashy play, but reports are that Rosario has the arm, range and speed to play a good SS.

I think I would almost rather have Rosario.....he is improving dramatically as he advances through the minor leagues and is the same age along the scale as Arcia is/was, while Arcia is "holding his own" with the bat.

Do you want the Gold Glove Shortstop with average offense, or the average shortstop with an above average bat?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Rosenthal says Braves wary of paying twice(prospects plus hypothetical extension).

I've really ignored Atlanta as an option, but perhaps they see him as an anchor for the young pitching over the next few years.

Any thoughts on a Braves package? I don't know their system very well. Just curious what people thought.

Right now, I'm most excited with a return from Cleveland or Texas.

Packaging Lucroy w/ a reliever (based on the talent that teams are giving up for relievers up to this point), how far off-base are these proposals?

Cleveland:

Zimmer/Frazier

Bradley

McKenzie

Hillman

Low Ball Lotto Ticket

Texas:

Gallo

Brinson

Tate/Jurado

Low Ball Lotto Ticket

Fair value in this trade market or complete pipe dreams?

Packaging Lucroy w/ a reliever (based on the talent that teams are giving up for relievers up to this point), how far off-base are these proposals?

Cleveland:

Zimmer/Frazier

Bradley

McKenzie

Hillman

Low Ball Lotto Ticket

Texas:

Gallo

Brinson

Tate/Jurado

Low Ball Lotto Ticket

I think in the Indians package you get one of Zimmer/Frazier/Bradley and in the Texas package one of Gallo/Brinson

Cleveland:

Zimmer/Frazier

Bradley

McKenzie

Hillman

Low Ball Lotto Ticket

Texas:

Gallo

Brinson

Tate/Jurado

Low Ball Lotto Ticket

Pipe dream, in my opinion.

Rosenthal says Braves wary of paying twice(prospects plus hypothetical extension).

I've really ignored Atlanta as an option, but perhaps they see him as an anchor for the young pitching over the next few years.

Any thoughts on a Braves package? I don't know their system very well. Just curious what people thought.

Key part to their interest is "extension". They have loved Lucroy for years and have wanted a long term catcher badly. Guessing they want him past next year.

I just don't see them making the mega package it would take then handing out lots of money.

I'm still betting Boston blinks. I've said this before - the Sox didn't bring Dombrowski in to watch other teams acquire players. He doesn't really care that much about 2019. He's there to win now. I think Boston steps up on the end.

I'm still betting Boston blinks. I've said this before - the Sox didn't bring Dombrowski in to watch other teams acquire players. He doesn't really care that much about 2019. He's there to win now. I think Boston steps up on the end.

Agreed once I saw that report of them being "heavily in" on Lucroy testerday I thought they are right there with the Indians. I like Boston since they appear more likely to put a significant piece out there.

Agreed once I saw that report of them being "heavily in" on Lucroy testerday I thought they are right there with the Indians. I like Boston since they appear more likely to put a significant piece out there.

You would think Boston would be much more inclined to part with significant prospects due to the fact they can be more easily replaced through free agency (MLB & International) where they can compete with anyone dollar for dollar. Chicago's deal for Chapman is an example of this as well. Cleveland should conversely place extra emphasis on the talent they have in the minor leagues. As much as I want to get my hopes up when looking at their system and what other teams have made deals for, I just don't know if they will stray from rational thinking and offer up a competitive offer.

Gruber Lawffices

Verified Member

Cleveland:

Zimmer/Frazier

Bradley

McKenzie

Hillman

Low Ball Lotto Ticket

Texas:

Gallo

Brinson

Tate/Jurado

Low Ball Lotto Ticket

Seem like pipe dreams, but if Jeffress or Smith are involved I have a hard time predicting the return. Granted Miller is arguably the best RP in baseball right now, but there are reports that the Nats would trade Giolito for him and the Yankees would demand more! :laughing

I'm really liking Luc to Boston more and more... Hopefully we'll get some fantastic prospects in return.

Devers and Kopech for Lucroy was tossed around a while ago and I'd still love to get that in return.

@WiscoSportsNut

Biggest issue with Boston might be that they spend big to land someone like Sale. Getting Sale would cost them something like Moncada and Kopech or Benintendi and Devers as starting points (there'd be other stuff as well, but those would be the headliners).

Fangraphs did a nice analysis on what it would take to get Sale here:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/finding-a-fair-price-for-chris-sale/

I liked how they strictly kept it to their dollar value assessments and projections.

Boston could, of course, get both Lucroy and Sale. The biggest thing is do they want to pony up the big prospects.

Archived