Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 4)

'The Mets, he notes, have no intention of dealing either shortstop prospect Amed Rosario or first base prospect Dominic Smith, though.'

Then they should not be in the discussions at all.

exactly. I hope Stearns is just playing with the Mets at this point, and is laughing behind their backs.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is off-topic (sort of). If you think the Brewers looking for a few prospects for Lucroy is crazy have a look at this:
I guess they aren't gonna trade him then...

Holy Smokes!

Offer the Nats Jeffress and Smith for Giolito, throw in someone else too if that is what it takes. Imagine landing Giolito and still having Lucroy to deal! Oh boy!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

His name I don't believe has been mentioned at all, but could the Mets be willing to make Conforto a piece in conversations. That could be one hell of a bat in Miller Park and would be a guy with legit power coming over.

Conforto, Rosario, Szapucki and Wotell for Lucroy and Jeffress

I've preferred a deal with Cleveland to this point, but conforto would change my mind as I am not a fan of Dom Smith.

then deal Will Smith to Cleveland to get one of Mckenzie or Mejia or to Toronto for Sean Reid-Foley.

That would be amazing!

This is off-topic (sort of). If you think the Brewers looking for a few prospects for Lucroy is crazy have a look at this:
I guess they aren't gonna trade him then...

Your link says the Yankees would NOT do this deal...

Yeah Stearns should slam the phone down on the Mets now unless its Rosario, Smith, Thor, Matz, and the ghost of Tom Seaver who may or may not be still alive.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Literally refreshing my twitter feed like every 30 seconds. I'm a dork.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Lucroy to CLE for FMejia - c, Tristan MacKenzie - RHP, GAllen - OF, YDiaz - 3B

Young enough to make Stearns happy...4 for 1 and well positioned depth to come in and do well in decent positions.

Many here will think it's too low (not enough top 100 prospects AS OF NOW)...but I am trying to get away from a home team bias...

thoughts?

Something like this, yes. The Brewers may try to replace Allen or Diaz with a pitcher, or they may try to add a reliever to the deal, to get a couple of very young arms on the end.

I think its safe to say that Luc has played his last game in a Brewers uniform.

Agreed. If he goes out on the field until he is traded, I will be both shocked and disgusted.

Looking at the trades that have occurred and the "rumored" ones, we are going to have a heck of a deal coming back to us.

I think its safe to say that Luc has played his last game in a Brewers uniform.

really looking forward to the lineup being posted tonight, will tell us alot about how imminent any move is.

It would be a bad idea to put Lucroy in the lineup if there is a deal pending, no doubt. Unless it's just to put him on the field one more time, and then pull him before or right after the first pitch.

Just as interesting to me will be to see if Manny Pina is in the lineup for the Sky Sox tonight. Same start time as the Brewers (they're in Nashville), though the Sky Sox' lineup will probably be posted after the Brewers'.

I love looking at the value of the veterans being traded and trying to determine the prospects coming back in trades like this.

Amazing thing about this sort of transaction is the perceived value on both ends. I calculated today that Chris Sale's surplus value isnt too much horribly higher than Lucroy's is.

I figure Lucroy is at about $37 million, but Sale is $52 million. Which is just one more nice prospect that the White Sox could expect back in a trade compared with Lucroy.

Now Sale is worthy of one of those top 10 guys. I dont think the Rangers can pull it off, but if the Red Sox really wanted him they could offer Beinintendi, Kopech and Chavis and they would have another ace level starter on their hands. the Sox desire for 5 elite prospects in return would be way too much.

Ahmed Rosario has a similar profile as Orlando Arcia but with a worst hit tool. TDA is replacement level and Dominic Smith is James Loney, Pt.2.

NO THANK YOU! (click)

Archived