Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 4)

That would be pretty disappointing.

2 top 100 prospects (Rosario being a prized piece) and a decent SS prospect plus a good buy-low catcher? I'd take it. I know that throwing in Jeffress isn't great, but I'll take it if it makes the Mets put in the extra oompf.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those that don't like Rosario due to Villar and Arcia, do you guys think that the Astros are disappointed that they have Alex Bregman right now? He's either an excellent All Star caliber addition to the lineup or he is a trade piece for an All Star caliber pitcher. If our situation turns out that way, I'll take it.

That would be pretty disappointing. No pitching, wasting value on TDA, and best prospect in the deal doesn't fill a hole.

Rosario can easily be moved over to 2B. I think that would be a pretty nice deal even though I agree on the pitching aspect.

You flip TDA in 3 years when contending time comes around. He was projected for 4+ WAR type of years for the next 3 before his injury this season before he got hurt. Throw in the MP factor and you have a really nice player.

You also get a big bat middle infielder, who is as good, or better than Arcia, and you get a prototypical big bat 1B in Smith.

And Cecchini is at worst a league average 3B option for the next 6 years.

My guess is TDA/Rosario/Smith are for sure. I would think probably two more players for Lucroy/Jeffress

If the additional two players are Szapucki and Wotell (2 19yr old LHP) then I am OK with this deal.

2 Top 100 Prosp.

4 new guys on the Brewers top 30.

and TDA who Stearns will likely flip in the next 12-18 mos.

That would be pretty disappointing.

2 top 100 prospects (Rosario being a prized piece) and a decent SS prospect plus a good buy-low catcher? I'd take it. I know that throwing in Jeffress isn't great, but I'll take it if it makes the Mets put in the extra oompf.

JJ alone is worth a top 100 plus.

I don't think a package led by Rosario would be fantastic at all. He's an Arcia clone. Why do the Brewers need two? I know you say best player available, but that's more of a draft mantra. Why use your best trade asset to acquire a player who plays the least needed position in your entire system?

I don't think a package led by Rosario would be fantastic at all. He's an Arcia clone. Why do the Brewers need two? I know you say best player available, but that's more of a draft mantra. Why use your best trade asset to acquire a player who plays the least needed position in your entire system?

Yes, I'm sure 0 teams would be lining up to offer what we want in 2-3 years if Rosario is an absolute stud in AA/AAA 2 years from now when the contention window is opening.

EDIT: Here was an article from a few days ago:

http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/al/new-york-yankees/astros-shortstop-surplus-should-serve-as-model-for-yankees/

because we are a bad team right now that needs talent and prospects bust all the time. Don't acquire based on need, acquire based on talent and talent alone.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

The Brewers turned down the New York Mets’ offer of catcher Travis d’Arnaud in a straight-up trade for Lucroy. However, a Brewers’ source indicated they like d’Arnaud and would be willing to make the deal if the Mets sweeten their offer.

Oof. That'll take a whole lot more than a teaspoon of sugar.

I am not a fan of Stearns, at all. He has done little more than churned and if you add it all up, he has given up more than he has received. Admittedly, its still very early of course.

That said, there is no way in the world that he or any other GM would consider TdA as anything other than a final piece thrown in for Luc just so we have a catcher on the MLB roster. The Mets would need to give up both their top prospects (Dom and Rosario) and honestly I dont really like either as a fit for us. And to trade away our only remaining elite trade chip and receive no impact pitching prospects would be insane.

Im not buying TdA being a target for Stearns. No way.

Really? Who has he given up so far? Khris Davis? Cy Sneed?

I agree. Yes Arcia or Rosario could be traded down the road but why not go for the pitching now? This organization is lacking in impact power bats and pitching.

The Mets are a really bad match for our organization especially if any of the scale includes value for TdA.

'The Mets, he notes, have no intention of dealing either shortstop prospect Amed Rosario or first base prospect Dominic Smith, though.'

Then they should not be in the discussions at all.

Look I understand that. It would just be disappointing if the best package they could get was headlined by a player who doesn't fill a need.

To each their own, but it would eventually fill a position of need. Either he switches to 3B or they can easily flip him. Or one of them flops and you're happy that you have the other.

Also, with the idea that d'Arnaud should improve his numbers at Miller Park and could be flipped: he's just as likely to be moved off catcher due to concussions/injury. Guy is hurt all the time.

I wouldn't be disappointed in that deal. That's a fair amount of talent coming back. I'm going to kind of disagree with some others on DdA. In this scenario I think he's a good addition as a 4th piece. The others provide the upside and he is kind of the hedge so to speak. Yes, he only has a few years of control remaining. However, when healthy he's proven he's a good player who should just be coming into his prime. I think sometimes the team control gets overstated a bit. Many times it takes even high end prospects a couple years to figure things out.

Lucroy is going to the Mets. The question is if a reliever is going along most likely Jeffress. I'm actually hearing lucroy for TDA\Cecchini and Smith added for Jeffress. I don't believe the names are right. I believe rosario was added and that's why the "significant piece" rumor was put out there.

So you think it's Lucroy & Jeffress for Rosario, Smith, TDA & Cecchini?

Lucroy is going to the Mets. The question is if a reliever is going along most likely Jeffress. I'm actually hearing lucroy for TDA\Cecchini and Smith added for Jeffress. I don't believe the names are right. I believe rosario was added and that's why the "significant piece" rumor was put out there.

That is too factual of a statement, temper it down a bit, say something like "I think Lucroy is going to the Mets..."

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

His name I don't believe has been mentioned at all, but could the Mets be willing to make Conforto a piece in conversations. That could be one hell of a bat in Miller Park and would be a guy with legit power coming over.

Conforto, Rosario, Szapucki and Wotell for Lucroy and Jeffress

I've preferred a deal with Cleveland to this point, but conforto would change my mind as I am not a fan of Dom Smith.

then deal Will Smith to Cleveland to get one of Mckenzie or Mejia or to Toronto for Sean Reid-Foley.

Archived