Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 4)

The likelihood of us knowing who is on the table for sure right now are the same as me dating Margot Robbie.

Everything we hear is fertilizer. We will know when we know.

Still the returns have been remarkable for weaker chips than we have. We have every reason to think we will have a top 5 farm system on August 1.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Asking for his option to be voided would be downright stupid unless he really hates the Indians and doesn't want to be there no matter what. That would never happen and he might as well just decline. He would be better off asking for some money. More than possible they were put on his list because he didn't think they were competitive or very good.

Lucroy to CLE for FMejia - c, Tristan MacKenzie - RHP, GAllen - OF, YDiaz - 3B

Young enough to make Stearns happy...4 for 1 and well positioned depth to come in and do well in decent positions.

Many here will think it's too low (not enough top 100 prospects AS OF NOW)...but I am trying to get away from a home team bias...

thoughts?

I'd be slightly underwhelmed, but I love McKenzie, so I'd be good with it.

I'd much rather just have Zimmer and McKenzie personally.

The Brewers turned down the New York Mets’ offer of catcher Travis d’Arnaud in a straight-up trade for Lucroy. However, a Brewers’ source indicated they like d’Arnaud and would be willing to make the deal if the Mets sweeten their offer.

Oof. That'll take a whole lot more than a teaspoon of sugar.

Gruber Lawffices

I honestly see the no trade clause as a total none issue, NONE. I'd be shocked if Mr.Iwannaplayforacontender even tried to get a dollar.

Saw a rumor Boston is HEAVILY in on Lucroy from MLB Network or Radio.

Wish I felt the same way about the NTC being a non issue. Lucroy is no spring chicken when it comes to catchers, and the NTC is the only leverage play he has.

I wouldn't be at all suspended to see him use it. I'm sure he would love to hit free agency a year early, where he knows he'd be looking at a multi year contract for around 20M a year, not 1 year for $5.25M. He knows he's going to a contender soon regardless of whether or not it's Cleveland, so he may as well try.

Heard the same about Gomez last year. Not buying it.

Me either. Just a leverage play. I think Stearns is doing exactly what he should. Knowing full well in his head he's going to take an offer now, but wanting the rest of the league to think he doesn't want to.

Of course hindsight is 20/20, but I was screaming for Lucroy to be dealt at this time last year.

This whole NTC issue, and the underwhelming return issue, and the number of suitors could all be a moot point if this had been all resolved in July of 2015.

The reason why it didnt lies directly in MA's lap.

Heck, they could have traded him before 2015 as well and then gotten a monster return for him. Everyone knew the team was going to have to rebuild.

I think we're all just getting a little antsy for a trade to materialize. I still think the package coming back will be significant. Stearns short track record here has done nothing to indicate he will settle for low ceiling players. I'm not sure the players involved will be the almost MLB ready big name type but there will be some talent coming back regardless of the team.

I doubt the no-trade clause will be much of a hurdle but it could delay things a bit.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 10s11 seconds ago

Sources: #Brewers asked all teams interested in Lucroy yesterday to make offers that met minimum standard. #Mets among teams to make offer.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 36s36 seconds ago

#Brewers currently evaluating offers for Lucroy. Discussions ongoing. Multiple teams involved.

This makes it seem like the Brewers have multiple offers on the table that they'd deem acceptable for Lucroy.

I honestly see the no trade clause as a total none issue, NONE. I'd be shocked if Mr.Iwannaplayforacontender even tried to get a dollar.

Saw a rumor Boston is HEAVILY in on Lucroy from MLB Network or Radio.

Wish I felt the same way about the NTC being a non issue. Lucroy is no spring chicken when it comes to catchers, and the NTC is the only leverage play he has.

I wouldn't be at all suspended to see him use it. I'm sure he would love to hit free agency a year early, where he knows he'd be looking at a multi year contract for around 20M a year, not 1 year for $5.25M. He knows he's going to a contender soon regardless of whether or not it's Cleveland, so he may as well try.

He can use it as leverage, but asking for his option to be voided isn't going to happen. I don't think he would risk declining a trade to the Indians. He very well could get stuck here for the remainder of the year trying that. We all know he really doesn't want that.

What was interesting in that todaysknuckleball article is that the Reds are getting frustrated too with the lack of good offers for Bruce. Buyers are waiting for the Brewers and Reds to blink. I wouldn't be surprised that it will be Sunday morning until the really good offers start appearing. Cross your fingers Lucroy doesn't get hurt tonight or Saturday and he very likely will be sat down again on Sunday.

Sure would be nice if Smith could work a clean inning this weekend too.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 10s11 seconds ago

Sources: #Brewers asked all teams interested in Lucroy yesterday to make offers that met minimum standard. #Mets among teams to make offer.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 36s36 seconds ago

#Brewers currently evaluating offers for Lucroy. Discussions ongoing. Multiple teams involved.

Hopefully more comes in about the other teams that met their standard....

If the Mets met the minimum standard, you'd have to think their package must include Rosario.

Of course hindsight is 20/20, but I was screaming for Lucroy to be dealt at this time last year.

This whole NTC issue, and the underwhelming return issue, and the number of suitors could all be a moot point if this had been all resolved in July of 2015.

The reason why it didnt lies directly in MA's lap.

Heck, they could have traded him before 2015 as well and then gotten a monster return for him. Everyone knew the team was going to have to rebuild.

Lucroy had a .631 OPS at the break last season. I doubt the return would have been substantially better but we'll see.

What was interesting in that todaysknuckleball article is that the Reds are getting frustrated too with the lack of good offers for Bruce. Buyers are waiting for the Brewers and Reds to blink. I wouldn't be surprised that it will be Sunday morning until the really good offers start appearing. Cross your fingers Lucroy doesn't get hurt tonight or Saturday and he very likely will be sat down again on Sunday.

The Brewers should follow the A's lead with Valencia and give Lucroy 0-2 ABs/innings total over the next 3 days. The risk of him playing is not worth it right now. Let him pinch a couple of times until this is resolved.

Agreed. There's no reason to play him at this point. I'm sure the teams making offers would appreciate that as well :)

The Brewers should follow the A's lead with Valencia and give Lucroy 0-2 ABs/innings total over the next 3 days. The risk of him playing is not worth it right now. Let him pinch a couple of times until this is resolved.

Lucroy is going to the Mets. The question is if a reliever is going along most likely Jeffress. I'm actually hearing lucroy for TDA\Cecchini and Smith added for Jeffress. I don't believe the names are right. I believe rosario was added and that's why the "significant piece" rumor was put out there.

Lucroy is going to the Mets. The question is if a reliever is going along most likely Jeffress. I'm actually hearing lucroy for TDA\Cecchini and Smith added for Jeffress. I don't believe the names are right. I believe rosario was added and that's why the "significant piece" rumor was put out there.

So you think it's Lucroy & Jeffress for Rosario, Smith, TDA & Cecchini?

Gruber Lawffices

The Brewers turned down the New York Mets’ offer of catcher Travis d’Arnaud in a straight-up trade for Lucroy. However, a Brewers’ source indicated they like d’Arnaud and would be willing to make the deal if the Mets sweeten their offer.

Oof. That'll take a whole lot more than a teaspoon of sugar.

I am not a fan of Stearns, at all. He has done little more than churned and if you add it all up, he has given up more than he has received. Admittedly, its still very early of course.

That said, there is no way in the world that he or any other GM would consider TdA as anything other than a final piece thrown in for Luc just so we have a catcher on the MLB roster. The Mets would need to give up both their top prospects (Dom and Rosario) and honestly I dont really like either as a fit for us. And to trade away our only remaining elite trade chip and receive no impact pitching prospects would be insane.

Im not buying TdA being a target for Stearns. No way.

Archived