Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 4)

If you guys are posting rumors from outlets could you guys by chance mention the source? I like looking up the rumors and keeping track of who is saying what. Trying to do this better myself and it's always nice to give a reporter credit anyway.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm hearing Mets have the best offer. I believe it's TDA and Rosario but there are also trying to get Jeffress or Smith included.

This is terrible.

Terrible? Rosario is a big time prospect. If this was the final deal I would definitely be disappointed, but it isn't terrible. Who knows how far into the process we are regarding Lucroy. Offers start low and work there way up. The offers will likely get better if this truly is the best offer right now.

It would be hard to call an offer with Rosario a disappointment. He's the #18 prospect in baseball. It's not my first choice for a package but he'd be about the closest thing to a sure thing prospect we could land for Lucroy.

Yeah screw that.

TDA has the potential to be a decent replacement catcher IF he stays healthy and Rosario is a nice player and all. But another SS is about the last thing we need for our rebuild. We have SS's coming out of our rear ends.

I would feel a little better if it was Lucroy & Smith for TDA, Rosario, and Smith/Nimmo

I'd call Luc + Smith for Rosario + D'Arnaud + D. Smith a good deal. My only disappointment would be not getting pitching.

I would hate not getting a premium arm in return for Lucroy if they dealt with the Mets.

But a package of Rosario, Smith and Nimmo gets the job done. Rosario becomes the future big bat 2B, Smith fits at 1B and Nimmo can play a corner OF to go along with Phillips.

The lack of a big arm coming back would be a failure on Stearns' behalf, and if the reports are true, it will be because he was asking for too much in return.

I would like to work Wheeler into this deal somehow, strategically, not long-term. If he pitches well and shows complete recovery by this time next year he could be flipped for a substantial return.

My question is what would the Brewers do with Arcia, Villar, and Rosario. And that is not including Diaz at Wisconsin or our other middle infield prospects. I mean I guess you could play all of those guys at 3B, SS, and 2B but then that is 3 positions with very minimal power numbers. Diaz has solid power at least.

I guess you can never have to many prospects at one position; but I would prefer to fill some organizational holes if at all possible.

I always hear about all these SS we have, but I count three. There is Arcia, Villar, and Diaz. The problem here is that Arcia is going to be superior at SS defensively and worth putting in the line up on that alone. Isan Diaz should fit in at 2B fine so that leaves 3B. Mind you Diaz is no sure thing. He is way off. Rosario would be great for defense at 3B, but he has little in the power department. While that isn't a requirement it isn't like we have much power coming through the minors.

Regarding Villar we can always trade him down the line to keep the MiLB system stocked. Rosario could be a lot better.

My question is what would the Brewers do with Arcia, Villar, and Rosario. And that is not including Diaz at Wisconsin or our other middle infield prospects. I mean I guess you could play all of those guys at 3B, SS, and 2B but then that is 3 positions with very minimal power numbers. Diaz has solid power at least.

I guess you can never have to many prospects at one position; but I would prefer to fill some organizational holes if at all possible.

Villar shouldn't really block those three, being completely honest. Rosario has plus raw power potential so his bat profiles just fine at 3B should we acquire him and put him there long term.

Per Jerry Crasnick, Lucroy can block trade to 8 teams

Angels, Twins, Athletics, Padres, Mariners, Nationals, Tigers, and INDIANS. Gulp!

He said he wants to go a contender, which the Indians are, but I'm not sure why he would. I suppose it's possible that he might negotiate with it and try to have his 2017 option voided, which would probably be a deal breaker.

This is my greatest fear now. Deal is done with Cleveland but Lucroy wants the option voided to become a FA after this year, which would certainly pull Cleveland out as a match for us. I really hope he wouldn't do that, but it can't be dismissed out of hand.

Gruber Lawffices

Yeah, I wouldn't at all be worried about having 2 SS as our 2 top prospects. Those things tend to work themselves out. Just accumulate as much organizational talent as possible right now.

Lucroy to CLE for FMejia - c, Tristan MacKenzie - RHP, GAllen - OF, YDiaz - 3B

Young enough to make Stearns happy...4 for 1 and well positioned depth to come in and do well in decent positions.

Many here will think it's too low (not enough top 100 prospects AS OF NOW)...but I am trying to get away from a home team bias...

thoughts?

If TDA is part of this deal, I will be furious.

He's fine as a throw-in. It's not impossible to think that if he's healthy, he could hit .275/.350/.470 with half of his games at Miller Park. Citi Field has crushed his healthy days on the Mets.

I'd more reasonably expect .250/.330/.430 or something like that when healthy in Miller Park, but the above line isn't a crazy one.

If he's the centerpiece of the deal...then, yeah. That would be terrible.

Lucroy to CLE for FMejia - c, Tristan MacKenzie - RHP, GAllen - OF, YDiaz - 3B

Young enough to make Stearns happy...4 for 1 and well positioned depth to come in and do well in decent positions.

Many here will think it's too low (not enough top 100 prospects AS OF NOW)...but I am trying to get away from a home team bias...

thoughts?

Change Allen to Hillman and I'm good with it.

Archived