Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 4)

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mets fans may be more delusional about their own players than any other team in baseball.

Too many damaged goods and too many players with clocks started. I don't want to push to compete in 2018 and 2019. No thanks.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... -1.2724395

Says the mets offered D arnaud straight up for Lucroy..

:laughing

The part of that article that I thought was interesting is that it mentions he Brewers were scouting the Mets' lower level minors. That's consistent with what we've seen reported on this site. They are definitely looking to get a few guys in the lower minors they feel good about along with a more "known" advanced prospect in any upcoming deals would be my guess.

Yep, Stearns is a big believer, the lower you go in the system, the easier it gets for the other guy to give up more talent.

It's risky, you've really got to scout well, but I agree with him.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
What about Travis d'Arnaud, Zach Wheeler and Marcos Molina? Or is that asking for too much?

That's a lot of injury issue to acquire.

d'Arnaud can't stay health and has had 3 concussions. Wheeler still isn't back from TJ surgery. Molina had TJ surgery this off season.

Another thing, d'Arnaud and Wheeler are each only controlled for three years. I really want guys who will be around longer. To me it's way too much risk on our part - and the talent just isn't that special.

This kind of offer is really just kind of insulting. I mean, I guess it can't hurt to try, but seriously, if the Mets take the time to set up a phone call with Stearns, and make this offer, you wonder what Stearns reaction is. You can imagine him just saying, "Don't waste my time with crap like this." But of course, that would be rude and he probably just said 'no thanks."

In the Mets defense, maybe they said something like, "We'd like Lucroy, we can build around d'Arnaud. Would you be interested?"

But if they called and said, "We'll give you d'Arnaud for Lucroy straight up." You almost wish Stearns would just hang up.

It's kind of like in fantasy baseball - there's always some clown who is offering wildly lopsided trades all the time, and you just want to block all his notifications.

I know it wasn't Stearns at the deadline last year with the whole Gomez/Wheeler thing, but he should tell them to pound sand.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

This kind of offer is really just kind of insulting. I mean, I guess it can't hurt to try, but seriously, if the Mets take the time to set up a phone call with Stearns, and make this offer, you wonder what Stearns reaction is. You can imagine him just saying, "Don't waste my time with crap like this." But of course, that would be rude and he probably just said 'no thanks."

In the Mets defense, maybe they said something like, "We'd like Lucroy, we can build around d'Arnaud. Would you be interested?"

But if they called and said, "We'll give you d'Arnaud for Lucroy straight up." You almost wish Stearns would just hang up.

It's kind of like in fantasy baseball - there's always some clown who is offering wildly lopsided trades all the time, and you just want to block all his notifications.

The only deal I'd consider with the Mets is for one of our relievers. Something like Jeffress or Thornburg for Smith and maybe another piece or two would be great but they can't even get a converstation started for Lucroy.

I will say that Rosario is very interesting. He is killing AA pitching as a 20 year old.

@WiscoSportsNut

Maybe back in like 2012 or 2013 a straight swap would have made sense...but D Arnaud has gone way south since then.

Which goes to show that there's a very good chance that whomever we get for Luc may not pan out. C'mon Sterns, pick us a winner!!

Mets: "I'll give you D Arnaud for Lucroy straight up." Extended pause of unbelief.

Stearns: "I will give you Lucroy for D'Arnud.......and Dom Smith, Rosario, Cecchini, Molina, Gsellman, and Wotell." Another extended pause of unbelief.

Stearns: "Now let's get real and settle somewhere in the middle."

Mets are a bad fit for a Lucroy deal. The only way I'd do a deal with them is if they included both of their top prospects (1B-Dominic Smith, SS-Amed Rosario) and it's unlikely that they would include both of those players. There is just not a whole lot of quality depth in their system when factoring in the injuries to SS-Luis Carpio and RHP-Marcos Molina. Someone suggested LHP-Thomas Szapucki in a different thread, I kind of like that. Lowest I'd go would be Lucroy for 1B-Dominic Smith, SS-Amed Rosario and LHP-Thomas Szapucki but I don't see the Mets having any interest in doing that.

Verified Member

I would ask for C Travis d'Arnaud, SS Amed Rosario, and 1B Dom Smith from the Mets.

Personally, I think Rosario is a better prospect than Arcia, though the former would probable be moved on the Brewers (2B? 3B?) given Arcia's superior defense at SS.

I would ask for C Travis d'Arnaud, SS Amed Rosario, and 1B Dom Smith from the Mets.

Personally, I think Rosario is a better prospect than Arcia, though the former would probable be moved on the Brewers (2B? 3B?) given Arcia's superior defense at SS.

I would take that deal

I want pitching. If the deal doesn't include pitching, we'll be no better off then when Braun-Weeks-Fielder, ect... came up.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm starting to warm to a Cleveland trade. I honestly don't know that much about their system, other than Bradley and Frazier, so this is mostly just going off scouting reports and analysis.

Option 1:

Cleveland gets Lucroy and Smith

Milwaukee gets McKenzie/Sheffield, Mejia and one of Chang/Hillman/Diaz.

Option 2:

Milwaukee gets Frazier, one of McKenzie/Sheffield and one of Chang/Hillman/Diaz

I like the idea of adding some high upside talent. While I prefer those guys be ready to come to Milwaukee, that isn't always realistic. So I'm dipping down and getting some guys in A ball. That said, I love Frazier, who's at AA. I think he could be a 30 HR guy and be an asset on the bases and on defense. I prefer Frazier of Bradley because I think Frazier has more upside - and his crazy ginger hair is awesome.

One of the big things about trading Lucroy is he's our one chance at a really, really highly rated prospect. Not just a fringe Top 100 guy, but a top guy. A pitcher would be ideal, but I just don't see a good fit. The clubs most interested in Luc (Indians, Rangers, Astros, Red Sox) just don't have that player. The Sox had Espinoza, but used him for pitching.

Astros have Francis Martes that would fit. Triston McKenzie gives me that future Martes ranking feel. Rangers in Tate and Ortiz I just dont like Ortiz as a headliner.

I do have the partial feeling the home stand that runs through the 31st is a reason of delay these big trades forthcoming. I expect one trade to happen midgame where the crowd can give a parting standing ovation.

Lucroys 2nd AB in a game type. Where hes batted a 2nd time already through 5, and top of the 6th he doesnt come out to catch. It takes an inning for the crowd and news to get around and after 7th inning stretch the announcement is made and theres your standing O.

I'm starting to warm to a Cleveland trade. I honestly don't know that much about their system, other than Bradley and Frazier, so this is mostly just going off scouting reports and analysis.

Option 1:

Milwaukee gets McKenzie/Sheffield, Mejia and one of Chang/Hillman/Diaz.

Option 2:

Milwaukee gets Frazier, one of McKenzie/Sheffield and one of Chang/Hillman/Diaz

I like the idea of adding some high upside talent. While I prefer those guys be ready to come to Milwaukee, that isn't always realistic. So I'm dipping down and getting some guys in A ball. That said, I love Frazier, who's at AA. I think he could be a 30 HR guy and be an asset on the bases and on defense. I prefer Frazier of Bradley because I think Frazier has more upside - and his crazy ginger hair is awesome.

One of the big things about trading Lucroy is he's our one chance at a really, really highly rated prospect. Not just a fringe Top 100 guy, but a top guy. A pitcher would be ideal, but I just don't see a good fit. The clubs most interested in Luc (Indians, Rangers, Astros, Red Sox) just don't have that player. The Sox had Espinoza, but used him for pitching.

Would much rather take option #2. If we can get Frazier + McKenzie I will be very, very happy. Frazier is still young, and a fantastic player already. McKenzie has true #1 potential. Make it happen!

Archived