Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 4)

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Significant" Piece is all in who is interpreting what a "significant" piece constitutes...to me none of the Indians prospects are "significant". They are good, but not "blow me away" pieces. I agree with others...my definition of "significant" is a top 10 prospect(at a minimum), or a young current major leaguer that no one would previously think was obtainable. For example..Trevor Bauer would be a "significant" piece.

Verified Member
Man, the Mets and Tigers just do not have nearly the appeal as the other teams who have been interested. I'm not sure why the Brewers are still talking to the Mets. D'Arnaud should incite zero interest from Milwaukee.

d'Arnaud is obviously useless to us, but I think Amed Rosario might be the best prospect (out of any of them) that we could conceivably center a Lucroy deal around.

Trevor Bauer would be a "significant" piece.

Bauer is not very good, and anyways would not help us very much given his remaining years of team control.

Pretty sure, he's 100% better than any current Brewer pitcher...and there's this thing called a contract extension. Pretty sure that's legal. You guys worry way too much about "team control" you can control a player as long as you want...if you resign him.

Bauer is not very good, and anyways would not help us very much given his remaining years of team control.

Pretty sure, he's 100% better than any current Brewer pitcher...and there's this thing called a contract extension. Pretty sure that's legal. You guys worry way too much about "team control" you can control a player as long as you want...if you resign him.

Yeah because the Brewers have so much money that they can just extend anybody they want to.....

Team control is huge for a small market franchise.

The bigger issue is that a team isn't going to deal away from their major league roster when they're in a pennant race. Teams want to shore up their holes not patch one by creating another.

@WiscoSportsNut

Trevor Bauer isn't a "significant" piece at all. Davies and Guerra both have been just as good as him. :laughing

I feel like you don't really understand how baseball works simply by the above response.

But when it comes to our guy who is the #2 catcher in baseball controlled for 1.5 years at almost no cost and we're told he doesn't warrant anything.

Doesn't matter what anyone says, it matters that Stearns is at the helm, and he doesn't believe that garbage. In the end, he will get the maximum haul he can for Lucroy, and you can bet your rear end, he is going to warrant a LOT!

I hope i end up being wrong, but i've had a bad feeling for awhile now that Stearns won't get offered as much as he wants for Lucroy because

1. A team like Cleveland being small market might be less inclined to sell off their best prospects.

2. Other teams rumored to be interested like Boston and Texas also may be after pitching. Plus, Boston already has an elite offense minus an upper tier catcher.

3. Mets and Tigers have crappy farm systems.

As i said, i hope i'm wrong, but i have had a bad feeling for awhile that Stearns will either end up having to accept an offer for Lucroy which is less than he had hoped for or try hanging on to Luc and hoping to get a better deal in the offseason.

If Cleveland backs out, i start having a much harder time seeing a team who gives up a haul for him.

I don't think you understand the constraints of a small market club, or have a realistic expectation of how this rebuild will play out, which makes your snark even less welcome to an otherwise positive thread.

Gruber Lawffices

As i said, i hope i'm wrong, but i have had a bad feeling for awhile that Stearns will either end up having to accept an offer for Lucroy which is less than he had hoped for or try hanging on to Luc and hoping to get a better deal in the offseason.

If Cleveland backs out, i start having a much harder time seeing a team who gives up a haul for him.

If you do end up being correct, I would prefer that they hang on to Luc and try to deal him in the offseason rather than settling for a crappy deal with the Mets or the like.....

JULY 28, 7:11pm: The Mets are believed to be “behind” other organizations in pursuit of Lucroy, Jon Heyman of Fan Rag tweets. But it’s still a “fluid” pursuit for one of the best-available players this summer.

Heyman adds that there’s a mystery team involved. There’s another layer of intrigue here, perhaps, as that could be another report on a solitary, unidentified trying organization — or it may represent the second such unknown entrant to the sweepstakes. (See Crasnick’s report referenced below.)

There are 3 guys in our rotation that are performing just as well if not better than Bauer, who has been extremely average at very best prior to this season and he's still not killing it. There's no way I'd want Bauer in return

All of these rumors are worthless.

"So and so team is interested..."

"This team isn't really interested anymore..."

"Now there's a mystery team!!!"

I'm pretty sure 90% of this stuff is made up by reporters to fill space/get clicks. Call me when the trade actually happens.

Archived