Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 4)

It has to be the Indians.

And if its the Indians its going to be either Frazier or Zimmer AND Greg Allen for sure, and then its going to be one of Mejia/Bradley and one of Aiken/Sheffield/Clevinger....

if they throw in Will Smith, then you can add Triston McKenzie to the package above.

I almost wonder if the Brewers dont also throw in a guy like Brandon Woodruff to get all 5 of those guys (along with Smith).

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't get the obsession with mediocre prospects like Clevinger and Allen...they should be secondary pieces in any Luc trade and guys you settle on as 4th or 5th pieces after shooting the moon. They shouldn't be the 2nd prospect in any Luc deal. I don't get the desire to willingly include them over the likes of McKenzie/Hillman/Mejia/Diaz/Sheffield.

I know others have said it's wishful thinking to get a Top 10-15 for Lucroy but there are just too many variables with every player and team involved that affects their ability to make or not make a trade. Personally, I would rather have a Zimmer/Frazier type (who are ranked right around Gleyber Torres but are 2-3yrs older and have had success at the upper levels in the minors already), + Bradley, Mejia, McKenzie, Hillman return vs cutting the quantity short just to move up for a prospect ranked 15 spots higher overall. I'll take 4-5 Top 100 talents with the best currently ranked Top 30 area. I do think they should add a prospect to the package as well IF it's going to be Lucroy/Smith and make sure they get all these dudes in return. Need 4 guys for sure and I hope it's not Aiken, Sheffield or Clevinger

From a game theory perspective if you're worried about the other team's bullpen, the counter move is either Ace starters or improve the line-up and take your best shot to hit them early. So in short I'd argue the Chapman deal significantly increases Lucroy's value for a team where the catcher is weak offensively.

And if its the Indians its going to be either Frazier or Zimmer AND Greg Allen for sure, and then its going to be one of Mejia/Bradley and one of Aiken/Sheffield/Clevinger....

if they throw in Will Smith, then you can add Triston McKenzie to the package above.

I almost wonder if the Brewers dont also throw in a guy like Brandon Woodruff to get all 5 of those guys (along with Smith).

I had to look up Greg Allen. Seems to be a nice player and is basically playing at every level thus far near his age level but given the other talents in the Indians system (Bradley, Mejia, McKenzie, Hillman, etc) combined with us already having Ray, Clark playing A/A+ while being 2-4yrs younger I just don't see why we'd target a player like Allen. I do agree we should add a 3rd player (prospect) in order to net 5 guys, if we need too

I don't get the obsession with mediocre prospects like Clevinger and Allen...they should be secondary pieces in any Luc trade and guys you settle on as 4th or 5th pieces after shooting the moon. They shouldn't be the 2nd prospect in any Luc deal. I don't get the desire to willingly include them over the likes of McKenzie/Hillman/Mejia/Diaz/Sheffield.

Could not agree more. I want no part of Clevinger as we have plenty of prospects with a similar ceiling. If were trading Lucroy there we need the high ceiling pitchers despite the age. McKenzie/Sheffield/Aiken are the only pitchers I'm interested in.

I had to look up Greg Allen. Seems to be a nice player and is basically playing at every level thus far near his age level but given the other talents in the Indians system (Bradley, Mejia, McKenzie, Hillman, etc) combined with us already having Ray, Clark playing A/A+ while being 2-4yrs younger I just don't see why we'd target a player like Allen. I do agree we should add a 3rd player (prospect) in order to net 5 guys, if we need too

Wasnt thinking of him as a center piece but more of a definite throw in as the last player...as for his level and age....even though Phillips has been struggling, maybe you light a fire under him and promote him to AAA and put Allen in the AA outfield, at least then you have a fall back option.

‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: #Brewers re-engaged #Mets today on Lucroy. Discussions continuing. No indication that deal is close.

Stearns exhausting every avenue, love it

Leak to the media that we have a trade in place for their top prospects, then hold a press conference and announce we had some health concerns with their guys and called it off.

‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: #Brewers re-engaged #Mets today on Lucroy. Discussions continuing. No indication that deal is close.

Or is it that there is no one close to meeting his demands

Leak to the media that we have a trade in place for their top prospects, then hold a press conference and announce we had some health concerns with their guys and called it off.

Everyone gives the Mets a hard time for what they did, and rightfully so. But THANK GOD that trade fell through. Melvin really, really lucked out. The return we got from Houston was ten times better than what we would have gotten from the Mets.

‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Or is it that there is no one close to meeting his demands

Could be, none of us know for certain but when you hear quotes of Stearns knowing his next move and multiple reporters saying significant progression has taken place you shouldn't be worried just yet.

What about the Nationals as the mystery team? Zimmerman is only hitting .218 at first base. Lucroy could split time between 1B and catcher to keep both himself and Ramos fresh. They've also got plenty in their farm system. Could also throw in Will Smith.

I am so sick of hearing about the Mets and how we should get back at them for what they did. They agreed to a deal, saw the physical, and then backed out. He had legitimate injuries and the Mets look like they made a brilliant choice as he has had injury issues often with the Astros and the production has been poor.

On another note even Moncada is untouchable to Dombrowski because ownership would never let him deal Moncada on that big bonus they gave out alone. Being a Top 3 prospect is icing on the cake.

I am so sick of hearing about the Mets and how we should get back at them for what they did. They agreed to a deal, saw the physical, and then backed out. He had legitimate injuries and the Mets look like they made a brilliant choice as he has had injury issues often with the Astros and the production has been poor.

On another note even Moncada is untouchable to Dombrowski because ownership would never let him deal Moncada on that big bonus they gave out alone. Being a Top 3 prospect is icing on the cake.

It's the way they went about it publicly that has people upset.

So what happens when the Mets set up the trade with an awesome offer, include Will Smith. And then pull back at the last minute due to some made up B.S. that Will Smith has a lingering injury. And then the clock strikes 12. Meanwhile Cleveland had a Great offer on the table.

For Some reason, I could see the Mets pulling this crap.

It's the way they went about it publicly that has people upset.

They didn't leak the deal to the media and then leak to the media that they were backing out. At least not the people that were responsible for putting the deal together.

But when it comes to our guy who is the #2 catcher in baseball controlled for 1.5 years at almost no cost and we're told he doesn't warrant anything.

Doesn't matter what anyone says, it matters that Stearns is at the helm, and he doesn't believe that garbage. In the end, he will get the maximum haul he can for Lucroy, and you can bet your rear end, he is going to warrant a LOT!

Like so many have said, Lucroy leaving is going to be very sad, but seeing what return he brings back is very exciting! We are about to find out what a luxury having a catcher like Lucroy has been these past several years when he leaves us, and we have to look at that black hole in our line-up. :(

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The Royals are asking for Giolito for Wade Davis.

If that is the case, offer up both Jeffress and Smith for Giolito, hell throw in some others as well...

Verified Member
I think the mystery team might be the Mariners, with any possible deal almost necessarily being centered around Kyle Lewis. Unclear whether his injury makes him untradeable, people don't seem concerned about the long-term affect.

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 2m2 minutes ago

The #Astros do not appear to be in the mix for Jonathan Lucroy. Their reported pursuit was overblown, according to one source.

Which probably means a deal with Houston is in the works!

Man, the Mets and Tigers just do not have nearly the appeal as the other teams who have been interested. I'm not sure why the Brewers are still talking to the Mets. D'Arnaud should incite zero interest from Milwaukee.

Archived