Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 4)

Since Boston is all-in right now, how about:

Devers, Kopech and Basabe for Lucroy

And if they want Jeffress involved in the deal as well, then we ask for Benetendi and an additional 18-19 year old lottery ticket pitcher.

I'm guessing they want nothing to do with giving up both Devers and Benetendi, but you have to give up a lot to get a Luc/JJ package deal.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New Rosenthal piece states that the "Mets believe the Brewers are overreaching in their asks for Lucroy."

Lol because of course they do, ffs they offered d'Arnaud straight up. If I'm the Brewers Sandy Alderson is getting on my last nerve.

The more I look at d'Arnaud's value, the more "less crazy" this offer seems.

Yes, it is a lowball offer. But you get a guy who, without injury is projected to put up all star numbers, all while under arbitration level salary.

I would put his surplus value at a bottom of around $20 million. And this is a very conservative estimate, and it doesnt factor in what you get from him for the last two months of the season which could really be in the neighborhood of $11 million.

D'Arnaud and a guy like Robert Gsellman, and a throw in from low A ball would not be a horrible trade.

Does ignore the rebuild timeline though.

Just stop. The Mets must have gotten to you too.

David Stearns needs to leak to the media, 'We feel the Mets asking price on d'Arnaud is just too steep. We offered them their choice of either Kirk Nieuwenhuis or Chris Capuano straight up and they wouldn't budge.'

Since Boston is all-in right now, how about:

Devers, Kopech and Basabe for Lucroy

And if they want Jeffress involved in the deal as well, then we ask for Benetendi and an additional 18-19 year old lottery ticket pitcher.

I'm guessing they want nothing to do with giving up both Devers and Benetendi, but you have to give up a lot to get a Luc/JJ package deal.

I don't know if it's likely, but I'd love to do a deal with Dombrowski. He's decisive and not whiny. He understands value both ways, which is helpful in working out a good deal.

Between Devers and Benintendi, I'd push hard on Benintendi. He would finally give us a top flight outfield prospect. They don't want to give him up, so it would have to be for a big move for them.

Sounds like Mets are disgruntled because they can't/won't pony up for Lucroy and/or Jeffress like other teams have indicated. I have a feeling Dombrowski is going to swoop in and blow Stearns away with an offer. Moncada?!?!

Don't get my hopes up!

Formerly Uecker Quit Usingers

Hahahah I love this.

Benintendi and Moncada suggestions in the last few posts are why I love/hate the trade deadline. Love fantasizing about potential returns, but then build myself up to the point where I'm disappointed when we don't get bonafide untouchable players like the two above.

That being said... Lucroy + Jeffress for Moncada + Kopech. Anything less and Stearns should be fired :laughing

If we are daydreaming, how about Will Smith, Lucroy, and either Nelson or Guerra to Boston

Coming back Benintendi, Kopech, Swihart and a lottery ticket.

What?? No thanks. If we are giving up all of those guys to Boston, they better also be throwing in Moncado in the deal.

I will pass on the Tigers system, although I don't know the situation with their lottery tickets, just like none of us really knew about Missaki, Herrera, and F Peralta before they came back from Seattle.

If we do trade with Detroit, let's not panic and we will have to do some serious studying.

If we are daydreaming, how about Will Smith, Lucroy, and either Nelson or Guerra to Boston

What?? No thanks. If we are giving up all of those guys to Boston, they better also be throwing in Moncado in the deal.

Benintendi and Kopech are big gets. Swihart can be serviceable as a catcher. Lottery tickets would hopefully have upside.

I'd take this deal in a heartbeat. Benintendi is widely considered the best OF prospect in the game, Kopech is potential frontline starter, and Swihart is a fantastic addition to the team.

Archived