Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 4)

Stearns is way to secretive for my fandom.

While this may stink for us as fans because we are all hopeful/excited to see how they can rebuild this organization, this is a really good thing. Something he has learned possibly from Doug Melvin as he was pretty secretive during his tenure. Keep your cards close to your vest and get as much as you can.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, I really don't care if they get a catcher in return. They just drafted a few, and Max McDowell is quietly having a very solid year in Appleton. Worst case, you can go buy a catcher when they're competitive again, they'll have a ton of money to spend.

I want guys that can hit, regardless of position, that have 4 or 5 tools. And/or pitchers with high floors.

I think the Brewers are well prepared at 3B, SS and 2B (Between Gatewood, Erceg, Arcia, Villar, Diaz, Lara) and OF (Braun, Santana, Phillips, Ray, Clark, Harrison, Reed, Etc) that it is likely at least a couple of those guys will pan out into quality every day major leaguers.

Stearns has made obvious strides in improving our MILB system but the one glaring hole he needs to address is power. I don't think we have a single guy that most scouts think could be a 30+ HR guy. I think we have some 20-25 HR guys but that's it.

I don't care if we ever have a guy that hits 30+ homers. Get a full line up of tough outs. Guys that are OPS'ing high 700 to mid 800's that all get on base and can run. Couple that with pitching and we'll get out World Series run.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The hole is difference makers. We have a lot of "guys" but very few that are plus plus tools guys. We seem to keep acquiring OF'ers without power, starting pitchers with at the most #3 ceilings, older players, and light hitting middle infielders (other than Diaz).

Luc is a bonafide blue chip trade asset and we need to leverage that into some guys who are must follow types on the links report. We have too many robins and not enough (or any) batmans.

We have too many robins and not enough (or any) batmans.

And far too many jokers. Problem is, when you focus on a specific tool too much you end up with Roache and Coulter.

Look, the Brewers have a long way to go in this rebuild. At this point, I'm fine if the return they get back in any trades are all SS and CF. If those guys are the best talent available, that is literally all that matters right now. Any holes can be addressed own the road. But in no way am I willing to say "we're good there" at ANY position right now.

Stearns is way to secretive for my fandom.

While this may stink for us as fans because we are all hopeful/excited to see how they can rebuild this organization, this is a really good thing. Something he has learned possibly from Doug Melvin as he was pretty secretive during his tenure. Keep your cards close to your vest and get as much as you can.

I see lots of people saying this. Exactly what GM says anything of value publicly before a trade happens?

New Rosenthal piece states that the "Mets believe the Brewers are overreaching in their asks for Lucroy."

Lol because of course they do, ffs they offered d'Arnaud straight up. If I'm the Brewers Sandy Alderson is getting on my last nerve.

So the leaks are definitely coming from the Mets - there's really no question. Do they hope that the media will run with this and write articles on how Stearns is overplaying his hand and cave to a lesser deal? Is that what Alderson is hoping to accomplish?

Don't get me wrong - take the best deal you can get. But if all things are equal you should leave Alderson high and dry. He's approaching Tony LaRussa territory in my disdain for him.

Gruber Lawffices

It's more for the Mets fan base. If Sandy can show that they are being active, trying to improve the team, the Mets fans will give him a pass because obviously Milwaukee is being unreasonable. I highly doubt that leaks and public comments affect the Brewers front office at all.

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

I'm still wondering if Lucroy will have enough interest, Indians guy on a podcast with Buster said Indians still aren't interested in Lucroy because of Gomes long term contract and the fact that they want pitching more

Texas ditto, hearing the same..

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 3m3 minutes ago

The #Brewers Jonathan Lucroy talks are intensifying. Offers getting more serious. Momentum building toward a trade by the deadline.

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 2m2 minutes ago

#Rangers, #Indians, #Astros, #Mets, #Redsox have been mentioned in Lucroy mix. And believe it or not, there appears to be a "mystery team.''

Good, the more teams involved the better.

I don't buy for one second that the Indians aren't interested in Lucroy because of Gomes. It's just a matter of how much they're willing to give up.

New Rosenthal piece states that the "Mets believe the Brewers are overreaching in their asks for Lucroy."

Lol because of course they do, ffs they offered d'Arnaud straight up. If I'm the Brewers Sandy Alderson is getting on my last nerve.

The more I look at d'Arnaud's value, the more "less crazy" this offer seems.

Yes, it is a lowball offer. But you get a guy who, without injury is projected to put up all star numbers, all while under arbitration level salary.

I would put his surplus value at a bottom of around $20 million. And this is a very conservative estimate, and it doesnt factor in what you get from him for the last two months of the season which could really be in the neighborhood of $11 million.

D'Arnaud and a guy like Robert Gsellman, and a throw in from low A ball would not be a horrible trade.

Does ignore the rebuild timeline though.

I voted Braves in the poll, and at the time I was the only one. I'm just pointing that out because, if we somehow deal him to the Braves, I'm going to go all "I'm a genius" for at least ten minutes, and if as seems much more likely we don't, none of you will remember that I cast an uninformed, wacky vote.

I love this rumor. It's exactly what you expect to hear five days before a good deadline deal happens.

"Stearns is way too secretive for my fandom" is my favorite thing that anyone on Earth has said all week. fondybrewfan, my hat is off to you.

The Mets appear to be whining about a trade they don't have the pieces to make, which is wonderful on numerous levels. I deeply hate the Mets for mostly petty reasons, so I'm basking in the Mets hate that is radiating from this thread. Keep hating the Mets! Keep the hate vocal!

But you get a guy who, without injury is projected

But you can't say 'without injury,' any more than you can say,'without injury and PED concerns, Ryan Braun is worth a top 10 prospect.' The injuries do affect his value.

Archived