Brewer Fanatic

Eduardo Nunez to Giants, Prospect Mejia to Twins

Eye Black

That was a guy I was hoping would be a Brewer.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Mejia was #91 on BA's recent mid-season update. That list, however, did not include recent draft picks.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/midseason-top-100-prospects/#ZY1f6MwSCMdiMJm8.97

Mejia did not show up on MLB Pipeline's Top 100 list, which came out today. He was reportedly a guy Milwaukee was interested in.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2016?list=prospects

Nunez, an IF, has had a breakout season for Minnesota in 2016, hitting .300 with 12 HR and 26 SB. He's controlled through 2017.

Isn't this the guy some wanted for Lucroy? Seems like Lucroy>>>>Nunez.

Considering the Giants would never be a suitor for Lucroy, I would say no. Maybe for Smith, Jeffress or Thornburg.

Nunez definitely has some offensive talent but his defense is not great and he is about to be the primary utility player for the Giants. Kinda like his offensive fit in the NL West I spose.

Relievers and utility players bringing back top 100 talent. I'd say it's a seller's market.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Relievers and utility players bringing back top 100 talent. I'd say it's a seller's market.

100%. We are going to bring back at least two with a Luc and JJ trade plus a lot more.

It's a great time to be a GM for a rebuild.

Archived