Brewer Fanatic

Catchers who WOAH SOLVDD nothing (worst catchers)

Funketown
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Gary Bennett

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/3189151-gary-bennett-of-the-milwaukee-brewers-on-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=K0k6LpCFv8GD2Ls9XRBVoiHOI%2B7gia%2FH7ONkJSkGpbSsyX0aZ1nTzxk5MlNrAIBRQKBDmR2S3i67EbEUX%2BXKdA%3D%3D

Now that's a lot of catchers. As you may have guessed, crappy Brewers backup catchers is one of my favorite Brewers topics, the other being "Some Guy" (every year the Brewers have "some guy" who really doesn't belong in the majors on their team)- I'll probably do that thread sometime soon when I'm bored.

Another fun one is "Joe Winkelsas and crappy Brewers middle relievers in history".

I think Lucroy is the best in team history. Porter was better than we remember, as was Ellie Rodriguez, but I would put Lucroy at the top of the list.

And Greg Zaun has a special place for me on the worst list.

Three pages of backup catchers and my personal favorite, Charlie Greene, isn't mentioned? Dude couldn't hit a lick, but had a cannon arm. Upon Googling his name to find a picture, he's listed on the Brewers' front office page as the Minor League Field Coordinator & Catching Instructor. At least I assume that's the same guy, I had no idea he worked for the team.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/pics/charlie_greene_autograph.jpg

I remember simming a brewers reason with (i think) mvp baseball the year they got Eddie Perez. I didn't play any of the games, I just managed the roster and set the rotation and stuff. Like 5 times Eddie Perez miised "2 to 3 games with diahrrea" and I was like ???!!??? What is virtual Eddie eating?

Three pages of backup catchers and my personal favorite, Charlie Greene, isn't mentioned? Dude couldn't hit a lick, but had a cannon arm. Upon Googling his name to find a picture, he's listed on the Brewers' front office page as the Minor League Field Coordinator & Catching Instructor. At least I assume that's the same guy, I had no idea he worked for the team.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/pics/charlie_greene_autograph.jpg

I'm sure it's the same guy. The first spring training I went to was in 2005 and I remember seeing a guy with Greene on his uniform working with catchers so he's been at it for quite a while.

Archived