Brewer Fanatic

2016-07-25 Diamondbacks (Shipley) at Brewers (Anderson), 6:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-2]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/diamondbacks.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 25 | 6:20 P.M.[/h1][h2]D’backs (41-57) | Brewers (41-55)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers1.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/diamondbacks_shipley-braden-02.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_anderson-chase-05.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Braden Shipley[/pitcher][h2]0-0, — ERA, — WHIP[/h2][h3]MiLB Game Log[/h3][h3]Shipley is making his Major League debut. The 24-year-old righty has a 3.70 ERA in 119[space][/space]1/3 innings for Triple-A Reno. He carries a three-pitch mix which includes a four-seam fastball, a changeup, and a curve.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Chase Anderson[/pitcher][h2]4-10, 5.50 ERA, 1.44 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus D’Backs | Game Log[/h3][h3]In his past six starts, Anderson is 0-4 with a 9.13 ERA. In those games, opposing hitters have a .337 average, he has completed five innings one time, he has surrendered five home runs, and he has 19 walks vs. 17 strikeouts in 23[space][/space]2/3 innings.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Jean Segura ®
  2. 2B Phil Gosselin ®
  3. 1B Paul Goldschmidt ®
  4. 3B Jake Lamb (L)
  5. LF Rickie Weeks Jr. ®
  6. RF Yasmany Tomás ®
  7. C Tuffy Gosewisch ®
  8. RHP Braden Shipley ®
  9. CF Michael Bourn (L)

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. SS Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Jonathan Lucroy ®
  5. CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis (L)
  6. 3B Hernán Pérez ®
  7. RF Ramon Flores (L)
  8. C Martín Maldonado ®
  9. RHP Chase Anderson ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Shipley really intrigues me as a pitcher.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Going to the game, would be great if Weeks gets the start against Anderson. Should be interesting what kind of reception he receives, hopefully the boo birds stay home. Of course the return of Segura as well.

So, Jean Segura looking at his stats, hasn't had 1 month below .700 OPS this season. He only had a 56PA month of May last season when he batted above .700OPS. So confusing how he's become this much better after last season. He's literally about better in every stat numbers this season in 180 less PAs. More Walks, HRs, Doubles!, equal in triples. Imagine the trade potential today, besides the Brewers offense if he was still on the team? 3b wouldn't be a problem.

So, Jean Segura looking at his stats, hasn't had 1 month below .700 OPS this season. He only had a 56PA month of May last season when he batted above .700OPS. So confusing how he's become this much better after last season. He's literally about better in every stat numbers this season in 180 less PAs. More Walks, HRs, Doubles!, equal in triples. Imagine the trade potential today, besides the Brewers offense if he was still on the team? 3b wouldn't be a problem.

All things that may never have happened without the trade.

I'll take my chances with Anderson, Isan Diaz, Wilkerson and Rijo.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It sucks that he's playing well for another team now but Diaz could be a good one.

And Villar has been fun at SS offensively.

At the same time im gllad that segura is playing well, he deserved it after the struggling in his life he had to go through with his Son passing away

Honored that his first game will be against the Brewers

He had family at the game last night. Had a chance encounter with them after the game and they were obviously excited and seem like real nice people.

You could tell there were an unusual number of fans cheering for the Diamondbacks, and they seemed to be near the third base dugout.

I was surprised that Chip Hale brought Shipley out for the sixth inning. He was at a point where he had been successful, and he was at 92 pitches after five. Hindsight is 20/20, but that would have been a great time to leave well enough alone.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

You could tell there were an unusual number of fans cheering for the Diamondbacks, and they seemed to be near the third base dugout.

I was also behind the third base dugout. His entourage numbered four. There were several Diamondback fans around me (much more than four), which surprised me. I overheard one guy quip "Cardinals start in 48 days", so I guess the followers of WI and AZ sports are on the same page.

Archived