Brewer Fanatic

Shelby Miller

I agree he is a buy low candidate, but I doubt the Brewers pursue him unless the plan is for him to rebound and then get traded again next year or the year after..

Given Miller's history and their current pitching needs, I would not be surprised if the Cardinals are making a call to the DBacks...

I would love for Shelby Miller to take Garza's spot in the rotation. Talk about a high reward type of a situation it could be.

Next year:

Miller

Guerra

Davies

Nelson

Hader... I hope.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

No and because he wouldn't be as cheap as you are hoping. One would probably have to pony up a decent prospect to pry him loose. Has beens Taylor/Roache/or Coulter aren't going to get him.

Why do I think this? Because this is the same team trotting out a mediocre Greinke on a horrible team and say they will not pick up a penny of the contract while also needing a huge haul to trade him. This when any sane person would probably pay money to get rid of him for a bag of balls.

Or maybe a straight swap of Jungman/Peralta

Not even remotely close. Peralta had one decent year and Jungmann like half a year. Miller has three great years and was an elite prospect.

Give them those two plus a lower level prospect.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I would very much like to get in on the 'Dave Stewart makes silly trades' thing that the Braves have figured out. Miller is 25, and had 3 great seasons before derailing this year....
Luckily we already capitalized on that with Isan Diaz.

Segura has played really well this season, he did well in that trade but I got high hopes for Diaz

Or maybe a straight swap of Jungman/Peralta

Not even remotely close. Peralta had one decent year and Jungmann like half a year. Miller has three great years and was an elite prospect.

Give them those two plus a lower level prospect.

I think the needle moved a tad...or maybe it was just the wind.

Seriously though those two have no trade value. One is stinking up the joint in Colorado then the other stunk it up in Colorado, was so bad they made him take a mental break, and now he is continuing to pitch poorly in AA. Jungmann could have a little value if a team thinks he could make it as a reliever, but the way he has pitched he doesn't even deserve a 40 man spot.

No and because he wouldn't be as cheap as you are hoping. One would probably have to pony up a decent prospect to pry him loose. Has beens Taylor/Roache/or Coulter aren't going to get him.

Why do I think this? Because this is the same team trotting out a mediocre Greinke on a horrible team and say they will not pick up a penny of the contract while also needing a huge haul to trade him. This when any sane person would probably pay money to get rid of him for a bag of balls.

Greinke has 8 years of being a top flight ace and he had turned it a around until he got hurt again.

Junior Guerra for Miller straight up.

Greinke has 8 years of being a top flight ace and he had turned it a around until he got hurt again.

While true their team sucks. It's a horrible deal and the back end of it is likely going to be pretty brutal. The most valuable year of the contract was wasted and next year doesn't look all that bright.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
AZ would be foolish to sell Miller low. They've gone all in with him and Greinke, plus they'll have Pollack back, maybe Corbin can rebound. Same with Peralta. They are just a disaster this year, but there's still some talent. Too give up on Miller would just be kind of dumb (unless you can get Dansby Swanson for him).

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Dave Stewart continues to generate the LOL's.

I just can't figure out how no one waved their hands and just said, "This is a horrible trade! This is a horrible trade!" I realize they wanted a guy they felt was a top of the rotation type player, but even running the deal by a couple of semi knowledgable fans would have caused them concern. Just weird.

I just can't figure out how no one waved their hands and just said, "This is a horrible trade! This is a horrible trade!" I realize they wanted a guy they felt was a top of the rotation type player, but even running the deal by a couple of semi knowledgable fans would have caused them concern. Just weird.

I'm pretty sure that Dave Stewart is of the "if you never played the game you don't know anything" school of thought.

Even thought Tony La Russa is human garbage, he's still a pretty smart and forward thinking baseball guy. I can't believe he supports most of what Stewart has done.

Even thought Tony La Russa is human garbage, he's still a pretty smart and forward thinking baseball guy. I can't believe he supports most of what Stewart has done.

Are we talking about the same La Russa? The old Cards manager who wrote the unwritten book of rules? Hard to be more backward thinking than that.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Are we talking about the same La Russa? The old Cards manager who wrote the unwritten book of rules? Hard to be more backward thinking than that.

He's the guy who started hitting the pitcher 8th and using a specialized bullpen. Ya the Cardinal Way crap is stupid but you can't deny he's been forward thinking. And you can't deny that all those beanings didn't work in their favor.

Archived