Brewer Fanatic

2016-07-24 Cubs (Lester) at Brewers (Guerra), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-5]

1992casey

Even nicer if Smith could get somebody out today.

Ball hit to our 3rd baseman was an out...probably should have been 2.

The last 6 outs was the most Brewers thing ever.

Yeah, I would say he should have made the play, but it wasn't exactly a slow roller either. That thing was a rocket.

I hate games like this. Decent lead for most of the game, but miss on a few chances to take the lead. SP pitches well, gets pulled and the bullpen implodes.

It's not over yet, but it feels like it is.

Will Smiths ERA jumps to 4.34..

Value just disappeared in one day yikes

My score mobile app says 3.86. Also, Im sure most GMs aren't looking at his ERA alone.

If you don't think his value dropped a bit you're crazy. I still think they'll package smith with Lucroy though.

It's a downer to be a fan of this team for the most part. Hear those loud cheers in our own stadium just flat out stinks.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Will Smiths ERA jumps to 4.34..

Value just disappeared in one day yikes

My score mobile app says 3.86. Also, Im sure most GMs aren't looking at his ERA alone.

If you don't think his value dropped a bit you're crazy. I still think they'll package smith with Lucroy though.

Dropped? Maybe. Disappeared? Nope :)

Our bullpen is pretty overrated.

They've been great all year, don't let one bad day fool you

Actually I would kind of agree. The way people talk about our pen, you'd think we'd be higher ranked than 17th in MLB.

Our bullpen is pretty overrated.

They've been great all year, don't let one bad day fool you

Actually I would kind of agree. The way people talk about our pen, you'd think we'd be higher ranked than 17th in MLB.

Yeah, I was pretty surprised, last time i looked, according to fangraph we're 17th ranked bullpen according to WAR.

Ehh, I think a lot of you guys are forgetting how many bad pitchers we had earlier in the year that aren't with the team anymore/right now.

Including Smith's blowup today the group of Jeffress, Thornburg, Smith, Boyer, Torres, Mahrinez, Cravy and Barnes has an ERA of exactly 3.

On the flip side, Blazek, Knebel, Kirkman, Capuano, Goforth, Ramirez, Freeman and Pena have an ERA of 6.94. That brings the bullpen ERA to 4.02.

234 innings, 78 earned runs for the first group. 81.2 innings, 63 earned runs for the second group.

I blame this loss on what has haunted this team all year long - the inability to get runners on base home. We had the bases loaded twice and left 12 men stranded when it was all said and done. We should have blown them out.

It stinks to have so many Cub fans in our park. I pray that when they start to lose our fans invade their park and let them see how that feels.

Archived