Brewer Fanatic

2016-07-24 Cubs (Lester) at Brewers (Guerra), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-5]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/cubs.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 24 | 1:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Cubs (58-38) | Brewers (41-54)[/h2][h3]FSWI, Telemundo WI | WTMJ 620, WRRD[space][/space]1510[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers1.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/cubs_lester-jon-04.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_guerra-junior-09.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Jon Lester[/pitcher][h2]10-4, 2.89 ERA, 1.07 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Lester got off to a good start in the second half by holding the Mets to one run over 7[space][/space]2/3 innings. He will miss pitching at Wrigley Field, where he’s posted a 2.22 ERA in four career starts vs. the Brewers.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Junior Guerra[/pitcher][h2]6-2, 3.06 ERA, 1.06 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cubs | Game Log[/h3][h3]Nine of Guerre’s 14 starts have met the definition of “quality,” including his six-inning, two-run performance in Pittsburgh on Tuesday. Opponents are hitting .204 against him this season.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B Tommy La Stella (L)
  2. 3B Kris Bryant ®
  3. 1B Anthony Rizzo (L)
  4. RF Ben Zobrist (S)
  5. LF WilsonContreras ®
  6. CF Jason Heyward (L)
  7. SS Addison Russell ®
  8. C David Ross ®
  9. LHP Jon Lester (L)

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. SS Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. RF Hernán Pérez ®
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  7. 3B Will Middlebrooks ®
  8. CF Jake Elmore ®
  9. RHP Junior Guerra ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Brewers are running all over the place on him. Three steals so far in the first inning: two by Villar and one by Braun.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I like how Ross stared down our dugout after throwing out Elmore.

#1, you're 1 for 6, dude. Settle down.

#2, don't get mad that we're trying to exploit a major weakness for you today. That's baseball.

#2, don't get mad that we're trying to exploit a major weakness for you today. That's baseball.

I assumed he was staring in the dugout to see if we were going to challenge.

I assumed he was staring in the dugout to see if we were going to challenge.

Ah, OK makes sense. Didn't see it, but Ueck made it sound like he was staring them down.

I just don't care for Scooter at 2B anymore. Hope some team trades for him too.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I just don't care for Scooter at 2B anymore. Hope some team trades for him too.

I suspect there is only a small handful of other teams in the majors that would see Scooter as an upgrade for their current situation at 2B..

It sure would help if Scotter could be functional at a few other positions then 2b and bench...

And Will Smith really enhancing his trade value today......

It would be nice if players made plays to record outs/double plays.

Even nicer if Smith could get somebody out today.

Ball hit to our 3rd baseman was an out...probably should have been 2.

The last 6 outs was the most Brewers thing ever.

There was no reason to take Guerra out. To get a match up vs Montero? Please.

Big league players need to be able to field a hot shot to 3rd. That ball needs to be fielded and a double play needs to be made

You want to speed up games? Stop allowing challenges to teams without challenges left.

Not a fan of letting ANY reliever allow 5 straight base runners without an 8 run lead or so...

Walking Bryant there? I see why, but there was only 1 out at the time, go ahead run..... Questionable.

Anyone else sick of parading an endless supply of lefties to face other lefties in late inning situations????

Man, just giving this one away today.

Archived